bendunstan

G60 Throttle Body Idle Screw - 037133432

Hi All,

Im looking for a G60 throttle body idle screw, part number 037133432. Spoke to VW and initially they were not too helpfull but got a return call today giving me the part number but they said the part was discontinued in 2010. If anybody has one with the o-ring id be happy to swap it for some cash.

Im aware the chances of me finding a new one are slim but as long as its in good condition then i will be happy. Not ventured out to the breakers yet because weekends are spent with the family as i work away at the min and the wife doesnt particularly think walks around scrap yards constitute as time well spent :)

Cheers

Bump, not had any luck at breakers as throttle body's seem to be quick to be pilfered and breakers local to me seem to have a lack of vag cars.

Somebody must have one somewhere......

I was told that the MK2 Golfs had the same Idle adjust screw as the 1.8 16v C. Dont know if it is the same for the G60 though...

If it is the same then I have an idle screw from my 1.8 16v...

Have you got a sample ? May be able to find something at work, and I live in Banbury to

Thanks for the help, unfortunately I don't have anything as a sample as mines completely missing.

I was told that the MK2 Golfs had the same Idle adjust screw as the 1.8 16v C. Dont know if it is the same for the G60 though...

If it is the same then I have an idle screw from my 1.8 16v...

You have a pm, it's certainly worth a try. :thumbup:

Hi Ben, I'm sure Owen G60 mentioned a supplier for these when we were at Stealth. Might be worth PMing him.

Hi Ben, I'm sure Owen G60 mentioned a supplier for these when we were at Stealth. Might be worth PMing him.

I've had a couple of chats with him now about various things and I think he mentioned a company which I contacted but unfortunately they didn't have any left.

Cheers though, any help is greatly appreciated.

Ben, also try calling John Mitchell Racing and see whether he has any tucked away anywhere that he's willing to sell.

The search is over!! I now have an idle screw on its way to me so no more whistling G60 :)

Ben, also try calling John Mitchell Racing and see whether he has any tucked away anywhere that he's willing to sell.

Thanks for this! Spoke to Peter at JMR and the man is a fountain of knowledge and also has built a 20v G60 just like im going to attempt. An invaluable contact to have. A 5 min phonecall turned into 40mins of various g60 conversation. Beers are on me next time we meet!

Thanks all who helped in the search for the idle screw.

No worries mate. John Mitchell is the man to talk to regarding G60 work these days.