maff

Storm grey vr6

Hey buddy, best colour corrado no doubt, always wanted the grey one from the green dragon pub in Guarlford but he wouldnt sell it too me. Who had the old girl off you. Hope alls well.

Ha ha, hi edd, I've asked him too! And it's been in my mates garage for months now as it's being fixed.

Things all good thanks, and your old girl went to a chap who lives in the same street as me, I got a new wing on her and got the rear arch done and also black leather interior but I just couldn't stop the screen leaking so I let it go to melv who is a mechanic and is keeping the car as he loves it, kinda kick myself for letting it go really as it was a good car, just walked past it with the dog and miss it really:-(

Hope the storms going well:-)

Well I got the golf mk3 sunroof fitted, had to space the frame down a little and also used the glass panel that was originally in the car. But got it all in and lined up and tilts and slide fine, very pleased with myself:-)

Then poured water over the car to check for leaks and found none so fingers crossed it'll stay dry, then I had to put all the interior panels/trim back into car and remember where everything went!

Mk3 sunroof with my original glass panel

image_zps7d520e80.jpg

Sunroof fitted:-)

image_zps63964f39.jpg

image_zpsd88f8322.jpg

Then the lovely job of putting everything back together including the very fragile roof lining

image_zps926d7820.jpg

image_zps8dd4a62b.jpg

Mates mk1 golf vr6 with nitrous and also 400 bhp impreza

image_zps65f82276.jpg

Nice car, love the colour, out of interest was the moon roof an optional extra or has it come from a different VW model.

And that Mk1 mmmm very nice.

Rog.

Thanks rog, its definatly high up on my favourite corrado colour list, and i've had a few:-)

And the moonroof was not an option i'm lead to believe? all corrados came with a steel sunroof as far as i know.

I have just fitted a sunroof from a golf mk3 vr6 which fitted fine and i think the glass panel is from a passat. It all looks very factory though once fitted even with the slatted sliding interior sunroof cover and i have no wind noise despite what ive read about moon roofs.

Mk1 sounds better than it looks, especially from inside the car!

So glad to see this progressing maff, showed Adam the thread. He is a happy man knowing where it's gone, inspiration for his 2 mark one golfs I'm sure

Yeah it's going well thanks, I've sorted the passenger side leak now and fitted a replacement sunroof, but today have found a small drivers side leak which I think is the door membrane as I had a line of water/drip mark inside the corner of the drivers door, kick plate area, will sort this over Christmas.

Oh and my 4 and a half year old son has nicknamed the car sonic now!

Had a day off today so took the vr out for a drive to walk the dog with the misses up to the malvern hills, car went great:-)

Will be throwing some £££ at the bodywork in the new year now but might be fitting some koni/H&R shockers on the car over Christmas

Here's a couple of pics from today

image_zpscf5cf9d4.jpg

image_zps9bf77125.jpg

Edited by maff

So what's the score with the bodywork? Looks straight and true from the pics.

I have a grey car and don't like it...but I have to admit, suits the rado shape very nicely. Still keeping tabs on this in the vein hope I can have another one day!

Yeah from the pics it doesn't look too bad but the rear arches are not the best, also a couple of marks elsewhere, ill post some pics up to show the condition and how much £££ wonga it's gonna cost me!:-(

And I do love the colour, enjoying the car standard as well at the mo, I must be getting old!

Managed to finish the interior today, mainly the golf mk4 handbrake mod and dave 16v's centre console fix, also one of the runner clips had come off the drivers seat and also got the passenger heated seat working again after I discovered it had been unplugged??

Weirdly though the drivers heated seated used to work but now doesn't? would it be a simple case of a fuse gone?

Anyway heres some pics, first off I had to drill the handbrake switch for it to stay into position

image_zps0e9b3d44.jpg

Then installed it and checked light went off

image_zpse1a72beb.jpg

Then got on with cutting the under tunnel so it fits over the mk4 handbrake, I did follow

someone's guide but I found I had to do a lot more cutting so the handbrake would go all the way down when released

image_zps2ca5e480.jpg

Then onto fitting dave 16v's centre console fix which works a treat, loads of bits missing though so I had to find my own fixings

image_zps97ebb405.jpg

Then to finish, got the top cover on, which I also had to modify to fit!

image_zps63ebf0da.jpg

Next on the list is the bodywork which isn't the best. Took the corrado to a chap who does all of Hondas spraying for a quote and I'm looking at around £700 to sort out the rear arches and the other bits which I though was a great price as he is spot on with his

work, he did my 330d a while back and made an excellent job.

Edited by maff

Every corrado I've had has had a loose rattly centre tunnel, if you've ever had one as a daily driver it's drives you mad!

And I bought the rado with the golf mk4 handbrake already installed but needed finishing, the benefits of the mk4 hand brake lever are it's full leather, doesn't have the annoying plastic cover that always pops up and you have to clip back down, basically looks and works ten times better:-)

And yeah the spray dude is a top man, one of my pet hates is a bad colour match and he really is very good, he has his own bodyshop but honda also use him to do their repair work, he's the nuts:-D

Hell yeah! been using her all over christmas:-)and definatly feels better after being used for a few days and run on some shell nitro. Me and the misses even went for a (ahem) sunday drive in it the other day, forgotten how good the steering feel is on the old corrado, knocks spots off my 330d.

Adams also sent me a pm stating he's found the service booklet and owners manual which is a bonus and i have told him to keep an eye on the thread as come march time i will be looking to get the bodywork sorted.

Looking good mate, there is something funky going on with my sunroof at the moment too. Sometimes it fully works, sometimes nothing at all. Like no power getting to it.

May do the moonroof myself!

Looking good mate, there is something funky going on with my sunroof at the moment too. Sometimes it fully works, sometimes nothing at all. Like no power getting to it.

May do the moonroof myself!

It's fairly easy to swap the glass to be honest but I would check the wiring first before pulling the headlining out. And then you would have to change the slide screen as you wouldn't benefit from the glass with the standard sunroof:-(

Quite happy I've got no interior leaks now even with this monsoon weather were having and definatly feels better in the cabin with the glass