maff

Golf mk3 sunroof fit corrado?

Having a nightmare trying to sort my sunroof and am lead to believe that i can use a golf mk3 sunroof in my corrado?

I've just found one on ebay which is identical to the one i have removed from my corrado so has anybody fitted a mk3 golf sunroof successfully to thier corrado?, just don't want to waste money on the wrong part

cheers matt

I fitted one to test and the frame fitted fine. The only issue I had was the shape of the glass sun roof panel, it was too curbed so at the peak it was too high to fit. Im told (havnt done it) you can put your corrados panel into the mk3 golf frame and mount that in fine, I have a mk3 sun roof if your intrested...would need the glass swapping out as described above

That must be what i have in mine, do you have a photo of the cartridge and motor? and how much are you after?

Well i purchased a sunroof out of a mk3 golf vr6 today, even watched the lad get the sunroof out, but did bring some tools just in case;-, gotta love old school breakers.

So fingers crossed i'll get it to fit tomorrow, i'll report back..

i have a full mk3 roof in my corrado the glass doesnt fit that well it sits proud in the middle but it all works fine and i have no problem i had to space the whole mechancism down to get the roof to fit the best i could but i only paid 20 pound for the lot so ill live with it thanks ross

Thanks for the feedback, this is what i wanted to hear:-) and the glass panel i've removed from my corrado seemed to fit just fine, so if the golf glass doesn't sit well enough i'll just swap the panels round

I've got a mk3 one in mine, the previous owner installed it. Sits proud in the middle ever so slightly but does the trick.

Could you post a couple of pic's of it fitted please? Thank's.

I have a mk 3 panel fitted to mine.

To make a nice fit I removed it from the mechanism and turned it over. Then pressed the corners down whilst laying it on a blanket. This was enough to get it to sit correctly when fitted. A friend did the same with his to get it to fit.

I have a mk 3 panel fitted to mine.

To make a nice fit I removed it from the mechanism and turned it over. Then pressed the corners down whilst laying it on a blanket. This was enough to get it to sit correctly when fitted. A friend did the same with his to get it to fit.

Good tip owen Cheer's.

I got the golf mk3 roof fitted the other night, had to use a couple of washers here and there to space the frame down a bit and also used the glass from my other sunroof which originally came fitted in the car.

The golf mk3 glass panel fitted but not quite as well as the other panel so I swapped them round, ill post some pics, oh and no wind noise:-) yet!

Hi there guys when you guys swapped to the mk3 sunroof what motor do you use dose the corrado one work with the mk3 or do you have to go with the mk3 motor as well any feedback would be great thanks

Don't use a golf mk3 one they are not a good fit at all. I bought one of someone on here who told me it would fit Waste of money that was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk