howlingvr6

95 VR6 won't start :{

All of a sudden it wont start. It turns over and fires up for a few seconds and just dies, I have noticed a squealing/whistling noise as I turn the key, I think this has some relevance to the problem. Sucking air perhaps? Have looked for the obvious things like holes in pipes and have cleaned the AFM with carb cleaner..Any ideas anyone ???? :-(

yep my old clifford would do that and my current corrado immobaliser tries the same from time to time.

Do you have a functioning 2 button switch on your dash and the pin number to manually override the alarm?

I'm going to lay a bet that this is the classic built in immobiliser problem. It's been discussed on here many, many times...

Example discussion on what needs doing in this thread and should hopefully be enough to get you started in doing some searching on everything you need to get it fixed :)

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=55219

I have had reader coil problems in the past which I fixed using the WD method and the symptoms were similar, but this time the engine is running for a slightly longer time ( 1 sec), its not an immediate shut down. It seems that this is an air or fuel problem to me but who knows at this stage. Kerrly mentioned the override option,... I tried this last year and the code thats written on the Clifford handbook does not seem to work. Will have another look at the reader coil tomorrow and keep you all updated. Thanks all for the help,much appreciated :0)

Ok everyone, broadband now back on so I am able to give you the good news. I thought it would be wise to check the fuses as a basic non expensive remedy and yes it was fuse No. 16 (15A) which is the fuel pump (HP). Looking at the fuse map on the tray you pull out, the fuse for the fuel pump is No.18 and No.16 is for warning lights. Can't understand why this is but the car is now running fine. Thanks for the help. Happy Corradoing :-)