MikeVR6

Replacement Speakers

Hi there, ancient thread I know but I really need to upgrade the sound set up in the VR6! One of those annoying things on the to do list that I'd like to hit next.. The less I spend the more I have to go towards the necessary respray :-( I think someone has had a go already, as the car has a Sony head unit (MEX-N4100BT) a couple of Alpine type E speakers at the front and Kenwood dual mags (6x4s)in the rear.. Bass and midrange is barely there though, so tinny!

So was thinking maybe going for this recommended set up (@kdub) with the underseat sub (its available on eBay for £130 delivered now).. Have a few questions though:

1. Will the Alpines at the front suffice?

2. How do I power the sub and hook it up to the head unit? My experience in fitting extends to plug and play head units, and hooking up speakers.. I've taken a feed from a cigarette lighter to charging port as part of a Parrot system install before.. Essentially the same thing?

3. Should I still disconnect the rears despite them being better than stock speakers? If so, just disconnect at the rears spade connectors?

4. Should I also disconnect the dash speakers and just have the front door speakers + the sub hooked up?

Any advice appreciated!