Roger Chatfield

VAGCOM scan, please decode to English....lol

Afternoon chaps,

Sean has kindly lent me his VAGCOM, so this morning I did a quick auto scan and got the following results.

IMG_0883_zpsfb7d85a9.jpg

IMG_0884_zps4ec1f37f.jpg

Now I guess the engine code is an old one as I've cleared it and it wont reappear, the same with the immobiliser code, Im guessing that may have been the reason behind my no start a few weeks ago.

The ABS code cleared but when I did a restart it reappeared so I presume that's the reason my light is on.

Can anyone explain the codes to me in plain English, for example I haven't a clue what a hall sensor is.

Also, is there any reason why VAGCOM says that my engine is 2.8??

Many thanks

Rog.

Hall sender is the camshaft position sensor. You should scan that again - you'll lose a lot of power if that's dead.

The engine speed sensor fault always shows up if the engine isn't running when you scan..

The ABS supply voltage fault appears when you disconnect the battery .. assuming it doesn't come back you've no problems.

The final one suggests that you have a faulty valve block.. which makes sense..!

Don't worry about the 2.8L designation .. the ECU doesn't care about the extra 61ccs. :)

Pretty sure Andy had his local garage change the camshaft position sensor B4 he sold it?

I'm sure he mentioned to me, that fault has cleared so I think I can assume it was from when Andy had problems.

Rog.

The 00532 ABS code (Power supply B+) if not the battery disconnect was caused by the ABS Power relay failing on mine. One of two up in front of the passenger glovebox. No idea which one it was though!