Trickygti

Mk3 VR6 Highline

Putting my pride and joy highline VR6 up for sale

I'm looking to get back into a Corrado VR6 as I miss the look of the Corrado over the mk3.

It's a 96 P reg 5dr highline in mulberry which is by far the best colour that mk3's came in.

It's just ticked over to 110k miles which really isn't a great deal for a VR. It's a very smooth running engine and very quiet too. Performs as it should with no misfires etc.

Since I've owned it I've fitted a new sump and changed the oil and filter using genuine filter and castrol 10w40 oil

Fitted new oil cooler seals as they were leaking a bit and are common on VR's again using genuine parts.

New header tank purely because I fit a new one to every VW I own so the coolant level can been seen easily.

Standard airbox fitted with new air filter

New coilovers fitted all round along with new genuine VW front top mounts.

New aero wiper blades.

Taxed till the end of March and 11 months MOT on it.

Mint condition hella quad headlamps fitted

Drilled and grooved front discs and pads.

Smoked crystal front fogs and indicators but also have a full set of standard fogs, reflectors and indicators.

Bodywork wise it is in very good condition for its age with only a couple of small rust blemishes but aren't really noticable and there's a small bit of paint missing on the O/S/F wing.

The bumpers have had the swage lines smoothed and the front plate recess has also been smoothed to a very high standard.

The boot lid has had the handle deleted and also the rear badge and wiper hole have been smoothed, again done to a very high standard with metal welded in and not just full of filler.

The interior is heated black leather with all the usual highline extras like different center console, black pillar trims, air conditioning, height adjustable front and rear seatbelts, rear headrests and also a rather rare folding rear centre armrest. All the seats are in excellent condition and the heated elements work as they should. Electric windows all round, O/S/R needs a new regulator but thats on its way so they will all be working when car is sold.

Stainless cat back exhaust system is fitted but is nice and quiet.

New Solid front engine mount fitted, engine doesn't move at all under acceleration and next to no extra vibration is felt in the cabin so win win really.

I haven't got many pictures at the minute as she needs a wash but will get some soon.

Any questions feel free to ask in case I've missed

Price £1300 on standard BBS solitudes with 4 decent tyres

£1800 on the A8 monoblocks which have 4 brand new tyres fitted, new FK adapters bought from Venom, brand new center caps which are still in packets and new Audi locking wheel bolts, there's over £500 in the tyres, adapters and caps! Needless to say I'm not making a profit on this one :D

How the car currently stands

4B514479-2156-4560-965C-BAA2757D839C-4727-000008D28FDB001D_zps76be1af9.jpg

Thats with the old headlights fitted

7FA4B61D-A252-403D-B05F-B42A04BE3D60-2103-000003E9B7D72A0E_zps0b589acc.jpg

How the front bumper looks

1603F44A-B3CE-491A-87B3-4F13EC113105-6575-00000D0D55357D46_zps053bc7d2.jpg

The rear bumper and boot lid

2DF013D3-5DCA-451A-82DD-38C18A906CFF-6575-00000D0C99C6CB6B_zps1d4a782d.jpg

So there you go, I'm in no rush to sell so no offers as the car stands me at a LOT more than I'm asking.

I always wanted one of these - think they look cracking! Good luck with the sale.

On 12/4/2013 at 10:30 PM, Trickygti said:

Putting my pride and joy highline VR6 up for sale

I'm looking to get back into a Corrado VR6 as I miss the look of the Corrado over the mk3.

It's a 96 P reg 5dr highline in mulberry which is by far the best colour that mk3's came in.

It's just ticked over to 110k miles which really isn't a great deal for a VR. It's a very smooth running engine and very quiet too. Performs as it should with no misfires etc.

Since I've owned it I've fitted a new sump and changed the oil and filter using genuine filter and castrol 10w40 oil

Fitted new oil cooler seals as they were leaking a bit and are common on VR's again using genuine parts.

New header tank purely because I fit a new one to every VW I own so the coolant level can been seen easily.

Standard airbox fitted with new air filter

New coilovers fitted all round along with new genuine VW front top mounts.

New aero wiper blades.

Taxed till the end of March and 11 months MOT on it.

Mint condition hella quad headlamps fitted

Drilled and grooved front discs and pads.

Smoked crystal front fogs and indicators but also have a full set of standard fogs, reflectors and indicators.

Bodywork wise it is in very good condition for its age with only a couple of small rust blemishes but aren't really noticable and there's a small bit of paint missing on the O/S/F wing.

The bumpers have had the swage lines smoothed and the front plate recess has also been smoothed to a very high standard.

The boot lid has had the handle deleted and also the rear badge and wiper hole have been smoothed, again done to a very high standard with metal welded in and not just full of filler.

The interior is heated black leather with all the usual highline extras like different center console, black pillar trims, air conditioning, height adjustable front and rear seatbelts, rear headrests and also a rather rare folding rear centre armrest. All the seats are in excellent condition and the heated elements work as they should. Electric windows all round, O/S/R needs a new regulator but thats on its way so they will all be working when car is sold.

Stainless cat back exhaust system is fitted but is nice and quiet.

New Solid front engine mount fitted, engine doesn't move at all under acceleration and next to no extra vibration is felt in the cabin so win win really.

I haven't got many pictures at the minute as she needs a wash but will get some soon.

Any questions feel free to ask in case I've missed

Price £1300 on standard BBS solitudes with 4 decent tyres

£1800 on the A8 monoblocks which have 4 brand new tyres fitted, new FK adapters bought from Venom, brand new center caps which are still in packets and new Audi locking wheel bolts, there's over £500 in the tyres, adapters and caps! Needless to say I'm not making a profit on this one 😄

How the car currently stands

4B514479-2156-4560-965C-BAA2757D839C-4727-000008D28FDB001D_zps76be1af9.jpg

Thats with the old headlights fitted

7FA4B61D-A252-403D-B05F-B42A04BE3D60-2103-000003E9B7D72A0E_zps0b589acc.jpg

How the front bumper looks

1603F44A-B3CE-491A-87B3-4F13EC113105-6575-00000D0D55357D46_zps053bc7d2.jpg

The rear bumper and boot lid

2DF013D3-5DCA-451A-82DD-38C18A906CFF-6575-00000D0C99C6CB6B_zps1d4a782d.jpg

So there you go, I'm in no rush to sell so no offers as the car stands me at a LOT more than I'm asking.

I was just wondering if the guy was still around I now have this car and I have just completed a full engine rebuild on it  also planning a full respray so it will be back to mint condition in the next couple of months be interesting to chat if he is still around or anyone knows him please give him my email [email protected]

9 hours ago, Gazz136 said:

I was just wondering if the guy was still around I now have this car and I have just completed a full engine rebuild on it  also planning a full respray so it will be back to mint condition in the next couple of months be interesting to chat if he is still around or anyone knows him please give him my email [email protected]

Engine rebuild sounds interesting.  What did you do? Any pics would also be great to see

It started out as head gasket and escalated from there I found play in the pistons so decided to go for it, I wish I had taken pics to be honest but it is all back together now with all new sensors and auxiliary parts, needless to say the mrs is about ready to kill me lol

Work involved crank polishing new bottom end bearings and shims new con rods, pistons, oil pump, water pump, new timing chain kit, cams with head fully rebuilt, it then pushed onto new starter new alternator new coil new leads plugs ect, heater matrix, header tank, radiator all sensors new, the bloody thing nearly broke me, I am now in the process of cutting out shit repairs on the floor pan and making good, then it will be new brakes, suspension and all bushes replaced for poly bushes, repaint and after seeing the above picks sourcing a set of mono block Audi A8 wheels as they look the nuts 

Pretty much a total rebuild! Excellent, but just a shame you didn't manage to photograph any of it. We love pics here 🙂