bully

central locking, windows fault.

since fitting a new door, ive found that my central locking is not working anymore, also none of the windows are working, i know all the motors are fine, as ive had them wired direct to the battery and they work fine.

My question is.. would this be bacause ive fitted a late door? and the wireing loom from the door is from my original door that was an early door?

what is the best way to tackle this?

new door loom?

Have you checked the loom for breaks where it goes from the door pillar to inside the door as it tends to break there due to flexing opening and closing the door, the insulation can remain intact even though the wire inside is broken so give it a gentle pull, any stretch and the wire is broken

Just seen this , i was going to say check the fuse . I would have thought the locking issue is a leak in the vacuum hose . Check that its tight ,otherwise when the pump operates the air will be leaking out and therefore not shutting the locks down .

im sick to death with the wireing in this car..

what i want is to replace the whole fusebox and wireing loom all over the car... !!!!

Now the bloody headlights wont work on full beam!!!!!!

im sick to death with the wireing in this car..

what i want is to replace the whole fusebox and wireing loom all over the car... !!!!

Now the bloody headlights wont work on full beam!!!!!!

You may have dislodged a fuse when replacing the window motor one ?

had a look all fuses have been checked, do you think the central control unit could be broken? and where do i find this if it is..

My windows stopped working last winter after I tried to operate them with frozen windows. I cannot find the fuse everyone talks about. Can anyone post a picture?

If you mean the central control unit it's behind the rear o/s side panel.I have one if you find it's this that is goosed