robrado974

Engine ecu , are all vr's the same ?

I think my ecu is faulty , I can borrow one to check , it will be from a later car though . I was going to have mine repaired as I didn't want to loose the super chip , but am hearing lots of horror stories with them coming back and still not working .

Rob

i think the only difference between corrado vr6's is weather or not its from a distributer or coil pack 2.9 , also maybe a slight difference if its automatic or manual transmission , not sure on that though, obd2 golfs will obviously be different,

auto and manual ecus are the same, but the last cipher can be AG, CP or B afaik. AG seems to be the most common, CP was one of the last with the immobiliser circuit in the ecu itself.

Thanks for replies , i will be able to borrow one out of a 94 vr soon . Still not sure weather to send mine away .

Rob

I have my old dizzy ecu which doesn't have immobiliser left over from converting to 24v, I am willing to let it go but really not sure on when I can post it + with it being xmas the post right now has past the date to which you might not get it before xmas, idd say £65 posted special dealivery ,