Super-G

G60 PAS Pump

My steering pump has started making a bit of a knocking noise, so I guess the bearings have given up.

Am having trouble sourcing a new one, at a reasonable price, so would appreciate others views on what to do.

Can they be stripped and rebuilt? If so, do I need any special tools? Or am I better to buy a more common Golf unit and swap the mounting hubs over? (If this is even possible?) Or do I need to make an adaptor?

Alternatively, does anyone have a pump going spare?

Cheers,

Andy

It seems GSF have a pump listed for a G60 for £139 and then with a £48 refund when returning the original pump, so quite a good price. But then they also list the same pump for a Mk2 Golf GTi. Can anybody confirm if GSF have this listed incorrectly or if it will fit my G60?

Gates do make a refurb kit, part no 348390, but I can't find out what's in it nor a supplier this side of the atlantic.

The other option is to fit a 16v PAS pump and get a spacer manufactured as the only difference is the length of the output shaft.

I've got a full PAS set up from Hennys old G60. I bought the car engineless so I'm unsure how good the set up is and the shell has been standing for 6 years since the engine was sold