Tempest

Corrado Club National Day 2014

Indeed - it doesn't have to be just one person. A few folks helping to organise occasional local meets, suggesting venues to the events organiser would be terrific.

Yay the north! I think even if it was a general VW meet it could drum up more publicity/ numbers. Show people some nice corrados and maybe sway them into CCGB/ corrado ownership. I'd be happy to help in the North Yorkshire area!

May! Aarg so much to do in so little time :(

Perhaps the 2015 meet should be somewhere in Eastern Europe so that everyone has a mission of a drive :norty:

I'd be up for a Northern show though, part of the fun of going to these events is the convoy!

I think you have a skewed perspective on how big the Uk is mate :)

Stealth is a 4-5 hour drive from Newcastle, same as Stamford hall. I make the trips but many local lads I know around here with Corrados can't be arsed but would do 1-2 hour trips

No I haven't.

After nearly 8 years of doing a 9 hour plus road trip at around 580 miles south each way to visit family I know exactly how long it takes me to drive from the middleish of Scotland down to Bath area along most of the M6 and a good section of the M5.

As I said previously its nearly all motorway driving aside from the bit at the start (well that bit still takes 2/3 hours to hit a 2 lane carriageway) and the bit at the end, my average speed on a run is usually around 65mph for the whole trip.

The main problem with the UK road network is if you want to do a North/South run down the East coast, it takes a lot longer, same applies for any East/West trips aside from the M4, most of your runs involve some form of east to west action from Newcastle, hence the extra time.

A Stealth racing run for me (and others up in this part of the UK of which there are quite a few in Aberdeen) is a 1000 mile round trip at about 8 hours each way depending on traffic - not really a day trip option so again I fully understand the desire for folks to make a weekend of it to justify the expense of travelling down.

There is no easy solution to the problem, it would be great if we all only had an hours drive to get to any show but unless we all move to a smaller island its not happening.

I was simply pointing out that there is a lot more North left in the UK than people who label themselves as Northern usually acknowledge and most shows are a day trip (albeit a long one) for the majority of folks in the CCGB; at least it is a day trip unlike those of us that live in the outlying ends of the UK.

You don't really need regional hosts anymore though. Stick a thread up on here, get a few of you involved, set a date and a venue - job done. If you wanted something a bit bigger it doesn't take long via forums/Facebook/twitter to get the word out. Faye put a little meet together down here and although I missed out, from what I hear it was a great success.

Well done to Eric and the other committee members for getting something sorted yet again. They do this work in their own time and out of their enthusiasm for the Corrado and the club. The amount of work put in to organising something like National Day shouldn't be underestimated. It's impossible to please all of the members, and as has been stated earlier in the thread, an organisation the size of the CCGB simply has to go with the majority. The Lake District idea is promising though. Would be great if someone from that neck of the woods could give Eric a heads up as to what could be done. With enough promotion etc, something like this may just work :)

People really do need to step up and be prepared to join the committee. There are vacancies coming up shortly and they need to be filled. Would be nice if some of the complainers channelled their efforts into actually getting properly involved as part of the committee instead of finding fault with every decision. If the club is left with no one taking up the positions, there is a very real danger that it will fold, which would be such a shame. I think we'd miss it a lot more than we think...

My 2p.