P3rks

VR6 Front wishbone bush - Part number request

Hey you guuuuyyysss!

Does anyone have the part number for the front wishbone bush in a VR6?

I already have the R32 rear bushes and some freshly powdercoated wishbones; but I can't find the part number for the correct front bush and even my local dealerships can't find it and say it comes as part of a full wishbone.

Any help?

Thanks!

I can't tell if there's a difference between VR6 and the 4 cylinder versions. Certainly doesn't seem to be a different diagram for it...

That looks about right, just did a search on that part number and it looks good.

Thanks Jim!

Don't suppose you have the r32 bush part number do you enthusiast was gonna ask earlier , also once you have got sorted with the part for the fronts could you post the part numbers and where you got them from , ideally I'm trying to find everything in lemforder for a it of a front end overhaul

Part numbers and prices for those who want to know:

Front bushes (VR6): 357 407 182

£8.36+vat each from TPS

Rear bushes (R32): 8N0407181B

£22+vat each from the VW dealership (including my discount)

I actually picked up some genuine rear R32 bushes from good ol' eBay from a VAG parts retailer called DeutscheParts. £29.71 delivered. Got the only set though. :)

I'm going genuine front bushes for the sake of a tenner savings going aftermarket.

Interestingly though, the genuine front wishbone bushes are made by Boge which has a sister company: LEMFÖRDER.

As for cheapest LEMFÖRDER bushes.. Cheapest I found was:

http://www.mister-auto.co.uk/en/control-arm-bush/lemforder-10203-02_g251_a03510203!02.html

http://www.mister-auto.co.uk/en/control-arm-bush/lemforder-27132-01_g251_a03527132!01.html

Used them before, free delivery, fast and reliable. Plus it's the best site I've ever found for cross referencing OE supplier part numbers. The prices are hit and miss though.

Edited by P3rks

Another vote for mister auto, I used them for all of my bushings and other consumables needed during my rebuild. Echo the pricing comment too, they were hugely overpriced when it came to clutches!

Might be interested chris give me a message , i suppose if i have a second set i can build then up and just swap tuem out right

Cheers for the info enthusiast thats spot on , when i was at dg auto tech a few years back i spoke to dave who assured me lemforder was a pretty safe option to go with regarding bushes

Some things your right on tho mate and sometimes dealer parts are the way to go

Iv been using car parts for less who stock alot of lemforder , its mostly what they reccomend aswell and the prices are good , they are a sister company to euro car parts aswell but for some reason cheaper

You can get a valeo clutch of tjere for 100 quid and a sachs clutch for even cheaper at about 71 quid and thats for the full kit