sexybourbon

All the bits !!

Sorry in advance !!basically I'm ordering parts for some kind of a rebuild and could do with a little help and advice on maybe what I should be adding to my list , I've got a pretty good idea of what I need and would like some confirmation I'm heading along the right route

So my list up to now go's like this , what I have ordered and what I think I want and need

I have ordered the following parts

Sachs clutch kit , hopefully I'll be adding a lightend flywheels and 3.68 final drive

X2 drop links

X2 ball joints

X2 track rod ends

X2 front wish bone bushes

X2 golf r32 rear bushes

All the above in lemforder brand

Power flex steering rack mount

I need some advice on anti roll bar bushes as I want to power flex those ! Is this a good idea I was hoping it might stiffen the roll a bit ?? Your thoughts ?? And if not what brand ?

Do I need to replace the actuall track rod or will they be ok there 40 quid each one and from a make I've never heard off off carpartsforless or will just replacing the rod end be ok ??

Also is it a major job to change the subframe mounts or would they be ok ? Car has 115000 on the clock

Wheel bearings all seem ok so no need to change those and I'm not running massive wide wheels

That's all I was going to change on the front but also was going to order lemforder rear beam bushes

I'm aiming the car at fast road use so any thoughts would be more than welcomed and thanked

Cheers in advance

You driven a polybushed car mate? Personally I thought it was far too harsh. Better rebushing in standard IMO. I've done mine and it transforms the car.

But by the sounds of it the rest is a great idea, freshen everything up!

New bolts for subframe and wishbones should be on the list dude....... may not be much left of the old uns by time you get them out.

Excellent advice James super cooper haha

Mic my old car had the wishbones done but that's it so I've not felt a full car done , I've already purchased the power flex rack mount ages ago and the only thing that I was contemplating was the middle front anti roll bar mounts all the rest of the car will be lemforder parts which are one of the best parts suppliers other than dealership but from what I have read even some dealer parts are now lemforder

Cheers old hag I'll put them on my list , is it an important job to do the subframe mounts ? I wasn't going to do them as I didn't want to delve that deep but if I must then I will , how hard of a job is it and will the engine have to come out ? This is where I need advice really as it's a bit daunting

Nice one matt. Dont forget to get the subframe etc all powder coated whilst your at it. Make it look all nice under there where nobody ever sees.

That'll teach me for reading too fast, thought you were going all out on the polys!

Sounds like you've got the right plan then. Once you start you'll be doing the subframe bushes as well..... In for a penny etc etc. :lol:

Chris I wish I had the space and time frame but unfortunately it will more than likely be a strip down a rebuild but I would like to do that

Mic I thought you had read that wrong , mostly standard bushes mate , is the subframe bushes a big job then ? Does the engine have to come out or just be held in place with one of those braces that span from wing to wing ? Or can they be replaced easier than that

The rear beam bushes will be done I'll be buying those pretty soon but I'm concentrating my cash at the fron of the car first before it runs out

James, You'll have to check my thread mate but about 10k miles ago for the wishbones and rears, slightly less for the suspension, and about 5k miles ago for the engines/subframes.... I think. Might even be a little less than that.

Did the subframe ones on mine during the engine swap but they're pretty easy once you've got access to everything. If you have a way to support the motor I'd drop the subframe out if I was you

Edited by mic_VR

Oh, and rears made the biggest difference to mine.... But my old ones were completely shot, almost dangerous in hindsight.

James, You'll have to check my thread mate but about 10k miles ago for the wishbones and rears, slightly less for the suspension, and about 5k miles ago for the engines/subframes.... I think. Might even be a little less than that.

Did the subframe ones on mine during the engine swap but they're pretty easy once you've got access to everything. If you have a way to support the motor I'd drop the subframe out if I was you

Ahhh right when you previously owned the car I thought you meant recently :bonk:

Cheers old hag I'll put them on my list , is it an important job to do the subframe mounts ? I wasn't going to do them as I didn't want to delve that deep but if I must then I will , how hard of a job is it and will the engine have to come out ? This is where I need advice really as it's a bit daunting

When you say subframe mounts what do you mean? If you are doing wishbone bushes the nearside front bolt is known for being a git so its this and the other wb bolts I had in mind for you. The subframe may as well come off if you are going this far mate...... just saying ;)

As in the front crossmember / front subframe , there are four bushes one at each corner , now its been said im probobly going to look out for a second beam to bush up ready for install so i can just swap it over

Wich is no daubt going to lead to getting a rear beam aswell !

Ill order all new bolts for the wishbones then if there a pig to get out