lesarcsneil

2.0 16v head sensors

Morning,

I'm putting my 2.0 16v back together, it's taken slightly longer than expected.

On the distributor side of the cylinder head there are 4 holes for sensors. I've got 3 sensors and a blanking plate fitted which I'm pretty sure is correct. Does anyone have a picture, or can they tell me what is fitted to the hole marked on the attached picture? I've got a hunch that it might be a bracket to hold cables but cannot find an exploded diagram on the web.

The pictures I took as I took the car apart aren't much use, the cam cover gasket was leaking and everything was covered in oil/grime.

Thanks,

Neil

94 Flash Red 16v

Looking at this old sensor diagram from another 16v head, it looks like that is indeed just a blank hole.. you can see it underneath the coolant flange..

piece2.jpg

Thanks Jim,

From the picture you posted you can just make out that there is nothing installed installed in that hole behind the coolant flange. I was concerned that coolant would start to pour out once the engine was running.

Cheers,

Neil

the 1.8 16v has 3 identical small black top temp sensors and the thermotimeswitch, I think that's why there are 4 holes on the 16v head casting, the 2L 16v doesn't need one of them I guess.