theroonloon

Rear bias and pulling badly to left under braking.

A few months into sorting out all issues with my corrado I bought and that had been off the road of over 2 years with only 80k on the clock, I thought I was nearly there.

I have replaced all the rear brake pipes and flexi hoses, both rear calipers. Both front hubs and ABS rotors, wheels bearings. All 4 sensors changed and ABS light goes out as it should do. Front calipers are in good shape and have been replaced recently. All discs and pads are good with minimal wear. I have had a wheel alignment done and after many attempts it still pulls slightly to the left. All track rod ends are in good condition.

The car failed an MOT on the balance across the rear brakes was more then 30%. It was the offside caliper not performing. It was stripped and no change and then a new one fitted. This brought it under the 30% and passed but still not balanced. the MOT tester told that the initial bite was low and then it built up and but still not inline with the near side.

I have coilovers fitted and the rear is now the same height as the front. Rear bias valve has not been adjusted and it looks original and rusty.

So my problem is under braking it pulls badly to the left.

I think I will have to replace the rear bias valve and adjust to get the balance to the front again. But would this have any affect on the imbalance across rear brakes?

I'm in Aberdeen and would be happy to take it to someone that has experience with this.

It will be going up,for sale once it's all sorted but as it is just now I can't let anyone drive it.

Thanks for reading this long winded story..

You replaced the caliper at the rear, but are both calipers sliding freely on their guide-pins. They have a tendency to seize up in the carrier and then you only get one pad (on the piston side) making contact with the disc.

Best wishes

RB