stevec14

Best roof mount aerial for a Corrado

Hi All.

Would like to change the roof mounted bee sting aerial on my Corrado as the reception is useless with amplified signal cable plugged in or out.

It currently has the original amplified type.

Can't make up my mind at moment do I stick with the standard bee sting look or upgrade to a nice Oe Vw/Audi sharkfin type aerial.

Has any one changed their aerial for an aftermarket one? And more importantly do they work better than standard?

Please post up your pictures showing what you got.

At moment I can't decide between a Hirschmann bee sting and an OE VW/Audi look sharkfin(both amplified).

Also what size is the mounting hole for a standard Vw aerial base?

Thanks

Steve

Does the shorter one just screw into the original base.

My aerial has a crack in it so I could do with a new one, I'm liking the look of the shorter one.

Rog.

Hi All

Thanks for replies. But just to clarify I need a new base as well as a new aerial. The base unit amplifier is u/s, and the radio reeception is very poor. So looking to replace the whole aerial system. Has anyone replaced their aerial with a VW/Audi Oe shark fin? If so can you please post up a picture.

Thanks

Steve

Shark fins on cars this age just look chavvy.

Just replace the base and top with the Polo unit - subtle update that doesn't shout 'I have an aerial for navigation but couldn't arrod a car new enough to have navigation'. ;)

The newer aerials carry the current for the amplifier in the base over the aerial cable, the older ones like mine have a seperate live feed that plugs into the base - so check what you have and make sure you get the correct one. You can get bases and aerials all over the place.

Thanks for post

Looking at hirschmann aerials there are some on Egay check out item number 380394350703.

Compared to stealer prices they seem a bargain at £37. Look Oem also Hirschmann aerials are very good had one fitted to my Mk1 golf many years ago(wing mount).

Very good reception.

Does anyone know if they fit?

Steve

Edited by stevec14

Thanks for post

Looking at hirschmann aerials there are some on Egay check out item number 380394350703.

Compared to stealer prices they seem a bargain at £37. Look Oem also Hirschmann aerials are very good had one fitted to my Mk1 golf many years ago(wing mount).

Very good reception.

Does anyone know if they fit?

Steve

fitted one of these last night, fantastic recommendation, the radio picks up stations I didn't know existed