deamon90002004

steering alignment settings?

whats the best settings for tracking and camber? my tracking is nearly 0.0, but my camber is about -1.5 each side (does handle amazingly well when i chuck it in) but i went the best for fast road/tootaling along, as im running yoko tyres and don't want to kill the insides too much

Standard camber for a vr is -1°20' +/- 20', all others are -40' +/- 20'.

Standard track should obviously be 0°, +/- 10'. Adjust the track using offside track rod only though.

No idea mate! I found an old copy of sprinter the other day and saw it in there, so just fished it back out and quoted from that! The article was written by the late Chris Gaskell. RIP.

Think it's about keeping the steering/steering rack centralised, like other bloke I read it and just adhered to it, but think it is important. Good chance the adjusters on other side will be seized or very difficult to move, having never been touched for long time, so all in all I'd leave left well alone.

Sounds like your tracking, camber is bang on anyway, I had bit more camber on front and turn in amazing but eats the tyres. I'm on my 4th set of front tyres in 15 000 miles.

P.S. Yoko's are best, I've had Yoko's, then Toyo's, then Continental Sport Contacts, and now Falkens. Yoko's grippiest, Conti's very close second but more expensive and not worth it, did'nt really last any longer, Falkens are useless, won't touch them again, going back to Yoko's next.

(South Shields is full of fast roundabouts which accounts to some extent for tyre wear, but my Capri, which is a 3.1 motorsport engine, can make all tyres last 4 times as long, and the back wheels will spin at the drop of a hat in any gear, it's like a very quick ice skate in the wet.

Cheers sean do you know what copy of the sprinter it is so i can have a look through mine ?

Cheers jonny , i use rainsport 2 at the moment but will change to toyo t1rs when i get it of the road and in to a summer car , can risk have bad tyres in the wet at the moment

Also drive pretty hard so 1.5 neg camber is a good compromise i think

Jonny pics of said capri or none of us believe you

If you adjust only the offside you'll have to take the steering wheel off, and it's highly unlikely the last garage to do the alignment did that, they clamp the wheel dead ahead and do both sides.

I've never done it only on the offside and never had any issue, if you have 205 or 16 or 17" wheels you might want to check for tyre rubbing on full lock.

I used to have a mk2 Golf on which only the o.s track arm was adjustable & the n.s was solid.

Perhaps some of the early Corrado's were the same ? You would definitely adjust both sides equally though to keep steering wheel aligned

Matt, it was the December 2012 edition of Sprinter. Has a Blackberry with TT Comps by the look of it on the cover. (Hoffs cars previous owner?)

Matt, it was the December 2012 edition of Sprinter. Has a Blackberry with TT Comps by the look of it on the cover. (Hoffs cars previous owner?)

Hmm sounds like mine, do you have a pic?

Hoff i think i might have two copies of this issue for some reason , ill have a look wen im back at weekend

Awesome, it would be great to get hold of one!