Mr_Rossy

Could there be a connection Mirrors, Spoiler and sun roof not working?

Guys I know all these parts have their own issues, i.e. sunroof guides, spoiler controller and mirrors the switch but is there a problem that causes all of these not to work at the same time?

The sunroof has no sounds or noises therefore is dead completely

The spoiler does nothing, at speed or via manual switch

The Mirrors dont do a thing

Its a 1995 VR6, I suppose these challenges are sent to test us ;)

Thanks for any advise chaps

Does the ABS light work if not then its a fuse thats gone mate caused probably by an overload on one of the parts you have listed, mine was the spoiler mechanism

Cheers, i.e. does the ABS light work when I start the car or when I'm driving and stamp on the brakes? To be fair I haven't noticed either

I have no ABS light coming on, I looked at the fuse box and all the fuses are good (There is supposed to be a pair of 30A ABS fuses but I would find them.

Would you suggest stripping the Spoiler mech to see if there is something stopping that working hence over-loading the circuit?

Thanks Matt

Has the abs light ever worked? Its just that my spoiler mech overloaded the circuit and blew fuse I think 16 or 20 that caused the abs light not to work and sunroof not to work. But yours might be wired differently. Might be worth going through each problem one at a time

Ahh unfortunatly I bought it with none working spoiler, mirrors and roof. I've stripped the mirror switch and there is no way it would work anyway as the tracks are missing all their copper so have bought a switch and waiting for that to arrive to rule the first step out. I think the spoiler is seezed as its slightly lifted and the roof well I might turn it with an allen key to see if its elect or mech.

Thanks fellow Mystic

I have exactly the same problem as this in my 94 VR6. I was told by the previous owner that when the spoiler is activated it pops the fuse but haven't actually got round to checking it out myself yet.

I got 5 mins to work on her last night and found that when I took the lower dash off to check out the wiring that the speed sensor had been disconnected, I'm now unsure why! It works perfect on the button but am unable to drive her because she is SORN and its parked below ground in the center of town! (Trade plates needed me thinks)

I replaced the mirror switch (As the old one had burnt out its copper tracks) and after 2 seconds of operation the button burnt out too. So obviously the mirrors are seized hence taking too much current.

I had the roof open both up and slide back by using the allen key also. The motor was unplugged. When you press the button it clicks in the motor but doesn't wind or operate. Could the motor be shot? the mech too tight for the motor to move? (I did help push the roof as I operated the motor but nothing at all. (Just the click) Suggestions welcome but I think the mech is working fine due to the test with the allen key.

Thanks M

If all the above use the same fuse, disconnect the wiring plugs at the motors for the mirrors, sunroof and spoiler.

Replace the fuse, ignition on - if the fuse blows its a wiring issue

If the fuse remains intact plug in each motor in turn and check the fuse as you go to see which motor(S) blow the fuse - it could be more than one.

Mirrors, spoiler mech and sunroof mech are plentiful and cheap to buy second hand

Thanks, I since got the spoiler working as the speed controller was unplugged behind the dash and the mirrors was a blown switch (as I found out when I replaced the switch and it burt out again, probably due to stuck mirrorsdrawing too much current) but the main issue is the sunroof motor not moving but making a click noise, i.e. its obviously taking current but cant move. I will take it off today and send some voltage into it to see if that frees it or concludes that the motor is shot.

Cheers M

Turns out the Sunroof motor was a little ceased, I took it off and powered it from a battery pack. Its now freed up and ready to go back on. I think the fuse in position 21 has or will blow as it seemed that too much current was being drawn when I used the battery pack. Fingers crossed it will work.

Just the mirrors left to go now

Following up on this post:

I've got a similar problem. Sunroof is completely dead. Motor is fine, switch is fine but no power to the switch. Any ideas on which fuse(s) i need to look at? I've gone through all under the dash and they all seemed fine.

Any other ideas?

Spoiler is also dead but that is suspected to do with the dim-witted guys who did the respray and threw the car back together...

Thanks,

Waz

Following up on this post:

I've got a similar problem. Sunroof is completely dead. Motor is fine, switch is fine but no power to the switch. Any ideas on which fuse(s) i need to look at? I've gone through all under the dash and they all seemed fine.

Any other ideas?

Spoiler is also dead but that is suspected to do with the dim-witted guys who did the respray and threw the car back together...

Thanks,

Waz

Dunno which fuse you need but I'd double check them all and make sure no hairline cracks. I had one on my light fuse and it drove me mad as lights would work with the fuse box out but when I refitted they wouldn't. The fuse looked intact.

Cheers, i'll give that a go. Seems odd that the switch doesn't light up, was wondering whether a break in the wiring might be the cause...