Sign in to follow this  
akacheesy

wheels off but is it OK on axle stands?

Hope I haven't fooked my motor up??!! I've got the wheels in gettin refurbished & currently have the C on axle stands. A mate of mine said that you're OK to put them on the jacking points, which is what I've done using bits of wood as spacers so the sills don't get scratched. just been out to check on her and opened the passenger door. it was a little reluctant to open & to close properly. Is it just cos its jacked up or is there any chance I've twisted it in some way? :roll:

the chassis will twist a bit,but i very rarely jack it up on the jack points,i always use where the whishbone bolts into the chassis

It's fairly normal for the frame to twist if you're supporting the car on the sill jacking points. I'd have preferred to use some other chassis or subframe spots to support the car for an extended period of time tho! I'm sure other folks here with more experience can suggest the best spots to use...

its only temporary though, right?

Yes - only temporary

It's quite normal for car bodies to flex a bit when raised in the air - even on their jacking points.

Obviously there is a time factor - don't leave it in that state for much longer than a week or two. I would always beware of putting axle stands onto "sprung" areas (wishbones, etc) - they are prone to shifting when weight is placed on the car.