Sign in to follow this  
Chris VR6nos

Supercharge your VR6, look inside for details

Joe,

Sounds great, so that's £500 for fitting, not bad! cheaper than the EIP turbo system! I enjoy the sound of the charger and they are a bit more special than turbos aswell, you seriously interested?

The fun is fitting it yourself though and it's not hard even with basic tools.

I bet the actual price goes up from that when they start doing them though, depends howmany the buy in at a time!

Hence me saying that a group but would be a great idea but it is a lot to pull out all at once for a lot of ppl!

I'm unemployed at the moment but paid for the charger lit just a few weeks before the company i worked for went bust :-(

Don't regret buying it, just made things tighter!

Chris

Seriously interested, yeah, but more researching it all just now. It will be end of year/start of next year hopefully, ive got a few things I want to get done before then. Sell 16v, vr on the road, use money from 16v to pay back loan, brake upgrade, samcos, engine mounts and probably a lot of other things that I cant think of at the moment.

I think I would probably attempt the fitting myself.

I was going to go for one of the filters in your other post but the charger kit comes with a decent cone filter so ill make do with my kn panel just now.

Joe did you notice the golf with the Vortech V2sq kit on?

Engine

2.8 12v VR6 - - Eurotech Racing / Vortech V2SQ - - Schrick VSR manifold - - big valve head - - Schrick 248SC cams - - moddified throttle body - - Chip Star - - ERL water injection

Performance

293bhp with 258lb/ft

Drivetrain

Stealth / Gemini 6 speed gearbox with customized 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th gear ratios

and that's a 2.8, the VSR doesn't give anymore power top end as it is a mod for mid torque alone, and the Corrado has the bigger throttle body already! Want some power?

Chris VR6

Im puzzled every time I see a supercharged vr6 with a vsr, the idea of the vsr is to change the inlet trackts to make them easier for the engine to suck in more air at different revs as I understand it. A supercharger forces the air in so it shouldnt really matter how long they are so whats the point in both.

Im trying to understand why but I aint an expert on engines so could someone please explain?

It's called positive pulse code tuning!

The higher the revs, the higher the frequency of pulses so the shorter the induction tract needs to be to get the pressure waves to push the air into the engine and as gasses act like a fluid when moving the longer the tract needs to be for slower moving air at low reve. Fill a tube of water up then open the bottom and let it drain out but before it empties put your hand over the top of the pipe to seal it, what do you feel! the sudden stop of the water sucks on your hand because of the momentum of the water, the same is true with a gas, get the drift? It's hard to describe by typing and you for get the thread of your thought by the time you type it but i hope this helps and you can grasp my ramblings! :D

Fiew Chris VR6

Ask away, if i can answer it i will!

It's called positive pulse code tuning!

The higher the revs, the higher the frequency of pulses so the shorter the induction tract needs to be to get the pressure waves to push the air into the engine and as gasses act like a fluid when moving the longer the tract needs to be for slower moving air at low reve. Fill a tube of water up then open the bottom and let it drain out but before it empties put your hand over the top of the pipe to seal it, what do you feel! the sudden stop of the water sucks on your hand because of the momentum of the water, the same is true with a gas, get the drift? It's hard to describe by typing and you for get the thread of your thought by the time you type it but i hope this helps and you can grasp my ramblings! :D

Fiew Chris VR6

Ask away, if i can answer it i will!

Yeh, I sort of understand how it works in an NA engine, but in an FI engine is it not all about the boost it makes? Example, say a vr6 makes 5psi at 3000 rpm and 10 psi at 6000rpm (made up figures) how would adding a vsr increase the boost at low revs as the charger will still be spinning the same speed? I know theres more to it than that and im missing something as theres too many cars with both.

I think they are all mislead!

Iknow of ppl whom have sold thier VSR when going for a charger!

F1 engines are N/Aspirated and don't make boost but relies upon the gas flow acting like a fluid detailed earlier to cause a positive (super)charge effect.

Andy, the stuff is available but he has not yet given me a price, i'll email him now! did you see the thread about cheap air filters in the for sale topic since our conversation?

Volumetric efficiancy through correct stoichiometric A/F ratio is the bottom line to power!

Chris

I think they are all mislead!

F1 engines are N/Aspirated and don't make boost but relies upon the gas flow acting like a fluid detailed earlier to cause a positive (super)charge effect.

I meant FI as in forced induction, I think im starting to get it now though in that its to do with flow as well as boost. I would need to see rr graphs from 2 similar sc vr's with and without vsr's to be convinced its worth having both.

I just got a reply email from Vince at Stealth after asking about chargers, they are hoping to be doing the VF kit in the near future for about £2500 fitted. :D :D :D

And heres what ns racing say

Thankyou for your enquiry.

We do indeed sell the VF-Engineering kit.

The cost of the stage one kit is £2500.00+VAT fitted or £2350.00+VAT supply only. Power is 250BHP.

The stage kit cost will cost you an additional £750.00+VAT. Power is up to 280BHP from 250BHP. The upgrade consists of new fuel injectors and software.

Delivery times are 7-10 days at present.

Regards

-Raj

If anyone knows of a VSR going, please let me know!!

Thanks

Kev

94 VR6

I might be interested in this for my rallye's 2.9 VR6, depending on when youre doing it. I'm more inclined to go turbo at the moment, but thats a good price...

btw I used to have a Corrado G60, it was much sexier to look at ;)

awesomerallye,

Turbo's are great and easier to get higher power but much dearer to purchaes in the first place.

I'm nearing 300bhp at the moment and occasionally spin in 3rd at 70mph in the dry!

Plenty more power to come! just got some 100bhp jets for the Nitrous kit!

Chris