Duck

Moonlight Blue VR6

A quick introduction.....

Picture061.jpg

My first entry into Corrado ownership started around 2003 with the above 1.8 16v, had it around 2 year, sold to rado Steve on here so I could finish my Beetle project (more on this later)

Picture025.jpg

Picture024.jpg

Few years later followed a cross over 9a 2.0 16v, done as a cheap daily driver it was a lot of fun but sold on around 2006, not sure where it is now but I suspect in bits due to the miles on it.

website_066.jpg

Had various other vag stuff as daily drivers while the bug ended up in the above state as my 'toy'. Years of constant tinkering and getting more into the drag racing side of things saw it get less usable and ultimately less fun. After 12 years of ownership I took the decision to sell and buy the late model Corrado VR6 I always promised myself I'd own one day.

E8719FAB-0A6D-413E-B550-F4264333334F.jpg

153B954C-73B9-4B98-B20B-8ABFBC8FE3ED.jpg

Popped up for sale (on here) 3 miles from where we live, mechanically right & everything works. Bodywork isn't bad and nothing that can't be sorted. Looking into some coilovers and possibly rear arb this weekends plan however will be a good polish and a drive out somewhere:cool:

Mark

Nice car this mate, I almost had it off Fuzzer but had to back out bcoz of insurance

What's your future plans?

Cheers, just insured it tonight pretty good deal from Adrian Flux.

Was planning on coilovers and a rear arb, keep looking at polished D90's however..... bodywork could do with a looking at but going to leave till after summer.

DD4CF939-7AE3-4B47-885E-DAF330F2AFBA.jpg

0F4CC890-8302-4638-A4EF-7483603B81C1.jpg

3184BEB4-AA9D-4C19-8E21-9A67E54CE7F9.jpg

A day of cleaning and it didn't come up half bad, fitted a set of clear side repeaters too. Will be ok for running around this summer but looking at getting it in to a mates bodyshop for everything but the roof (may as well do it properly). Must do something about the ride height though :smug:

In between multiple work trips to China some progress has been made....

Had a problem with burning oil, after finding a fair bit of oil (fresh) in the intake pipe a new breather valve & pipe was sourced and fitted along with an oil change to proper Quantum semi synthetic and so far so good:bonk:

FB790F3D-FF96-4646-90C4-1A84B368706F.jpg

Saturday morning saw a set of AP coilovers fitted, still playing about with ride height and probably a little too low to be honest but still fun to drive on a quick run out this afternoon. Geometry is a mile out now so once everything is settled that's next on the list.

7833784B-AC0E-4946-A1F6-D6EB5D2D6519.jpg

AE1106DF-9578-4800-A3D8-80EB8C651F8C.jpg

Also started to collect parts for front 288mm upgrade and started the hunt for a pair of solid front wings so if anyone has some let me know.

Thanks

Mark

36C01803-4852-4A4D-9F02-3CD74DD506A1.jpg

Bugger.

Think I may have tempted fate in an earlier post regarding the oil burning problem. Plenty of blue smoke & no2 plug fouling with oil. Plan hatched for a replacement motor that I'm due to collect in the morning.

469771EA-596B-4CD6-96BD-B10588CACA86.jpg

07F29A98-AD58-4A9A-8E7E-4CF8A20C689D.jpg

Kept myself entertained tonight though by fitting all red rear's and removing the wiper assembly (didn't work anyway) :cool:

More tomorrow.

Mark

As much as I am an advocate of originality, that rear does look sensational with the wiper delete and the all-red lights, especially lowered with the stainless exhaust..good work

Have to agree. I never got why people removed them until seeing that before and after. Think mines gonna have to go now! :rolleyes:

As much as I am an advocate of originality, that rear does look sensational with the wiper delete and the all-red lights, especially lowered with the stainless exhaust..good work

I'm with you for originality and only really like subtle alterations. The original lights and wiper set up are in the back of the garage should I fancy swapping them back one day.

It's been an expensive month, first...

488D921A-6A6C-46E7-8F4C-8765F1423991.jpg

BBS RX 228's, 17 x 7.5. Always been a fan of 1 piece rims so couldn't turn these down, even better there's 5 of them, all with good Toyo proxes.

079B31D4-604A-4E97-9640-A5D48C955BEF.jpg

The down side is the daft colour and the plan is to refinish them in silver before fitting them.......

86C99D38-0AD8-4A0B-8B80-C186B55488EB.jpg

302F0242-BE6A-445B-9AF1-0B793AD59627.jpg

D91DD00D-EA9A-470B-8A67-3DAD61901DC7.jpg

31F32BB9-104F-4913-88C1-F9114F54D9AD.jpg

So, here they are fitted:bonk:

Had a test fit this morning and ended up leaving them on, oddly I quite like it. Probably going to run them like this for the rest of the summer but repaint them when the rest of the body work is done.

New motor has been sourced along with a few other nice bits (6 branch), should be fitted in a few weeks all being well.

Mark

nice bike mate shame you havent had the stabilisers off yet!

Grace probably gets out on her bike more than I do mine.

I really am not a fan of alloys being painted silly colours.. but I have to say, that actually looks pretty cool!

I really am not a fan of alloys being painted silly colours.. but I have to say, that actually looks pretty cool!

I'm the same so was a little surprised this morning when I found myself liking it. Even the other half came out with "doesn't look bad that" :clap::clap:

An update

6c2576e8fa811c8faee4ffbe797aa5f9.jpg

Out with the old

a782e96dc3fc4c6bd0d249dd064ec6df.jpg

ea7411d8632f82d8b58310342a613aee.jpg

New one in

9cbd8ce397a61c0e497fe1c694078007.jpg

4ca5e5e5e748168e96bb7312f8dabd7b.jpg

Back together and keeping good company in Fuzz's barn, Sunday morning should see the front end back on & a test drive. Keen to see what the new motor & 6 branch are like so here's hoping for decent weather.

At least you got the main tool in the last shot! Big hammer :)

You mean the crank sensor fitting tool?:p

A FU**in Barn no wonder you have so much stuff. I am so jealous but then it would just bring the problem's you have :lol: Plus I know you help alot of people out with parts/advice etc you are like a Corrado Humanitarian

A FU**in Barn no wonder you have so much stuff. I am so jealous but then it would just bring the problem's you have :lol: Plus I know you help alot of people out with parts/advice etc you are like a Corrado Humanitarian

Haha

Keep it quiet as when I find a part in there it technically becomes a barn find and doubles the price haha

Mark I think I may need to market them hammers on ebay. Sensor fitting tool, manufactured 1962 if used for removal no guarantee of retention of part !