DriverVR6

Timing marks on VR6 Flywheel

Hi,

Quick question. I'm trying to work out which is the correct TDC mark on my VR6 flywheel. Is it the O, the straight line in the middle or the T?

Will only fit on one way. One bolt hole is offset. I just bolted mine on then used the notch on the pulley at opposite end.

Jim, thanks mate, but I'm trying to find out which is the TDC mark on the flywheel. Is it the O, l or T??

Mine doesn't have a notch on the front pulley, don't know why, but it doesn't, so I'm having to use the timing marks on the flywheel.

Its the middle I mate. I think what Jim is getting at, is as the flywheel is off, and assuming you're cams are locked in place, it'll only go back on in one position as the holes are offset which will physically prevent you from putting it back on slightly off.

IIRC when I did my timing chains I noticed that the flywheel only goes on one way b/c there is one bolt that is slightly offset from the others' distance from the center. At TDC that bolt was at the very top. If you want to check your timing do this; Put it at TDC (which is the notches on the crank line up and the notches in the ends of the cams lined up) then turn the crank two full revolutions and line up TDC. If the notches in the cams line up again, then your timing is correct. However, you shouldn't eyeball the notches b/c they are slightly offset from the center of the cam so one cam could be upside down (not timed correctly) and it would appear to be correct. Just use a 1/8" piece of aluminum and it should set on the valve cover flange as well as in the cam grooves.