maff

Heater matrix question

I'll be tackling this dreaded job asap and I've phoned tps for a genuine corrado vr6 heater matrix and the chap on the phone says that he has one but it's listed as left hand drive?

Will this fit my right hand drive car? and seems strange that it would be listed as a left hand drive heater matrix over here where all cars are right hand drive, he wants £146 too!

Does anybody have a cheaper solution and just as good alternative or am I best forking out for oem

cheers

You can get the Valeo one from GSF for around £40. You can get 10% CCGB discount too ;)

Forgot about GSF , will proberbly be cheaper than Tps too .

I did this job some time ago and put a post on here somewhere with pics etc of the whole job to help anyone in the future.... I did tag/send it to one of the moderators on here but it never seemed to find its way into the how to guide. Anyway if you can't find it let me know and I'll track it down.

You can get the Valeo one from GSF for around £40. You can get 10% CCGB discount too ;)

The premium model at gsf is now a febi bilstein one

So go with the febi bilstein from gsf? tps only have a left hand drive matrix and it's £150+! ill ring em again Monday and ask for a veleo, thanks rob:-)

To top it off my top radiator hose elbow has collapsed now, what next?!

And I thought cause this was such a c#$@ of a job that it was best to go oem, aftermarket ok then?

I got the Premium one from GSF about 10 months ago. It was Behr/Hella. I think it depends what they have in stock as to which manufacturer you'll get.

Ill just get the £65er that my mechanic friend can source then:-) oh and I'll be attempting a dash left in job, fingers crossed!

have you done this dude, did it need doing, i replaced this when i owned it!

with the dash in, it was a right ar5e of a job

It's a bit time consuming but I really didn't find it that bad.

have you done this dude, did it need doing, i replaced this when i owned it!

Sadly I let her go edd, and I genuinely felt like I was leaving a trusty pet behind when driving off, I was proper gutted, was a good solid car:-( And I think one of the pipes coming out of the bulkhead had a slight crack in it and was seaping into the cabin.

Bought a storm now too:-)