Rams

312 ATE Brake callipers and carriers

Complete with new unused stainless washers 6mm for the conversion. Just had callipers and carriers coated. The finish is good but not gloss black. Excellent stopping power!

I also have new seals for callipers and bolts at extra cost.

£140 plus delivery. Will include seals for a tenner.

VW - original ATE produced for VW Audi etc. Is it just a generic enquiry or are you looking to install bigger brakes?

That is a bargain! I sold my last set in a lot more scruffy condition for a little over £200! They did go with worn discs though but discs are about £80 a pair.

looking to install bigger brakes at some point but dont have money to purchase yours right now so was just wanting to know for reference for when i am looking

You can get these under 16" alloys I believe :) Definitely won't go under 15's.

It's a very good upgrade before you start getting into the expensive stuff. I've been in Craig's car with the same 312 upgrade and it stopped very well. Like with real confidence and you kept feeling the bite. So I recommend them when your ready to go bigger. The calliper is the same for 288 and 312's anyway, its just carriers and spacers needed

They look ace but most drivers won't really notice the difference between 288s and 312s unless they are on a track. They are bigger for heavier cars and heat dissipation. Not saying they are a waste, just saying don't expect them to be noticeably more effective then 288s. I put them on my last Corrado purely for aesthetics!

are there any 4x100 disc that fit these? as i have the g60 setup atm and thinking of going for bigger set up.

Its for 5 stud I'm afraid, some change the g60 stuff for 5 stud though. It is possible.

Sorry I'm a noob at this so a silly question... I have totally standard brakes. What else would I need to add these (e.g. larger discs I assume)?

Good ridge hoses to convert to callipers, 6mm spacers which I have at the correct grade. Discs and pads. I have everything else you need. There's also a wiki guide on 288/312's