Sign in to follow this  
PhatVR6

Who has drag raced their Corrado?

well i got told to lower it down to 16psi so im guessing i better do that next time i go :)

now i better get a good foot pump to pump them back up for when i leave

also to take the sub box out :)

I bought a compressor instead, it's easier (and lighter :wink: )

seats will be coming out in the morning.

Most VR6's I've seen run in the 15.4s - 16.0s range. That 14.97 time is v-e-r-y quick for a standard car. Of course the timing at Inters has been known to be "a little out" in some years.

John

this was at the pod mate not inters.... :-P

And yes it was a good time - but he aint no beginner in drag racing... ex rally car driver!

My mates ran a 14.7 with just an air filter mounted behind the bumper and the carpets and passenger seats stripped out. so 14's should be easy. in fact, if it runs a 15 at all I'm going home and it's going up for sale.

My mates ran a 14.7 with just an air filter mounted behind the bumper and the carpets and passenger seats stripped out. so 14's should be easy. in fact, if it runs a 15 at all I'm going home and it's going up for sale.

lol lol lol :lol:

Have you got your autrader ad ready. its gonna rain :wink:

He is lying.... :twisted: - BBC says cloudy but sunshine :)

it was at one of um for sure i will be up the pob agian for bug jam and USC my car should be all done by then bout 500 bhp :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've got a slip from york for my 16.8 sec run ( 1.8 16v ). that was my second ever run up the strip :D the next couple were in the low 17's.............but we won't mention the first run :oops:

Not runnin any major mods just the usual bits and bobs + plenty of grip :)

Is the American 1/4 different to ours?

Just wondering because on Turn2's site there is a NA MK3 VR pulling 11.93 @ 111mph. That's feckin quick!

Stripped and gearing + massive slicks on the front do you think?

according to Google:

An American mile is 1760 yards which is the same as an English mile... :?

id have to say its that they build more fast cars than us esp VRs. the VR turbo is a less exotic concept in the states.

I ran 15.4 at York a couple of years ago in my VR and lost by 5 seconds. Mind you Ian Birch was in the other lane in Big Dub. I had him for about 50 yards though, then I must of hit reverse as he disappeared into the distance.

Doc.

Well, car was running like sh1t, very flat, and no top end power at all, so I ran a pathetic 14.9. it didn't even have enough power to spin the slicks up ,a nd kept bogging down in 1st gear no matter what revs I launched at, gutted.

oh, and the 11.93 time in the us has been bettered. he's now got it on throttle bodies, supplied by grant motorsport, and he's since ran an 11.75.