Joerrado

VR6 radiator and cowel required. Help please!

Apologies if this has been covered before. I have searched the forum but could not find much on it.

I'm just about to put my VR6 engine back in the car and I thought whilst the radiator is out I'd give it a clean up. The problem is that it seems to have fallen apart. The cowel is well rusted and all the plastic around the fans has disintegrated a I took it apart

I can see there are radiators readily available online but have been unable to find the coweling and the plastic inserts around the fans

Can anyone recommend a source for these bits? Help would be greatly appreciated!

I doubt they're still available New from the dealer, so other than going aftermarket the only real option is to clean up the cowling as much as you can, and get it powdercoated. Funnily enough, I stripped mine down today and like you, the plastic rings surrounding the fans broke at the clips. I'm gonna try securing it as best I can, but I'm not sure they're essential other than as a guide anyway. I'll be getting my cowling coated as well, although mine is in pretty reasonable shape. I got my rad from oemparts which was a Behr/hella item. This is as good as you'll get as they are obsolete now from the dealer. It looks a well made item though.

I recently replaced my radiator on the VR and also went to replace all the cowling, etc. Most bits available still including the big plastic fan guides, bolts etc but the cowling itself was not only expensive at about 90 quid but went on back order. I cancelled the order after about 10 days waiting. I would suggest finding a good 2nd hand one and getting it powder coated instead..

Thanks I'll probably do that. Don't want to have to wait for one on back order. Already gone about 4 years without my Corrado!

Might be cheaper and easier to replace the fans with slimline one (spal, pacet etc) fitted directly to the rad. Gets rid of the shroud too.

If anybody is interested. VW still supply the plastic fan surround for a tenner each. Just need to blast and powder coat the cowling now. Progress!

Good to know, thanks for updating. I'll be making an order Saturday so I'll add these to the list. :thumbleft:

Joe, do you have the part numbers for these if they are different please? Only one is shown on etka with part number 357 121 210. I'm pretty sure they are different is all. Cheers mate!

I'll be collecting mine tomorrow so will update with the part numbers. I think my receipt is out in the car so I'll grab the numbers in the morning.

Just picked up the parts from VW. Got the nice new plastic fan guide ring on the table in front of me next to the busted one I've taken off. They are exactly the same and the part number is 357-121-210. They are £10.12 plus VAT. Happy days! Now if this thunder and hail would stop I can crack on with putting it back together!