mmacneill123

Good pic of the layout of the engine bay?

Hi folks, is there a good general picture of the layout of the VR6 engine....the manual I have the pic is about 6cm x 2cm, i.e. useless!!

Cheers

Is filthy now. Was over a year ago that I rebuilt most of it.

Can't be arsed to keep cleaning it. Think I've changed the engine since those pics. And got glue on the engine cover which has reacted with the paint.

Hi, these are all super-cool pics, I actually meant a technical layout diagram pointing out where the ISV etc are before i import in a £70 manual from VW America!! :-)

Vagcat website has all the diagrams on it, you need to register but its free, i use it quite a lot for part numbers etc

Somedays it just doesn't work at all though, a bit temperamental.

Thanks Jim, appreciate that!

Whilst i am here - is there anywhere you can recommend that will fix the sunroofs?

Took it took local garage and they just laughed at the diagram they got from VW!

My electrics etc are all fine, runners okay but whatever is closest to the windscreen had seized when I rescued the car and it was sealed shut? :-)

It's strange, I've heard loads of people say it's temperamental, yes I've never once had a problem getting on and into the catalogue. I too use it as a reference for part numbers and as a guide if I've forgotten where something goes!