Sign in to follow this  
pablo_vr6

200bhp from a vr6?

But the main reason the Corrado "failed" in sales terms was it's high cost when new. Goes to show that somehow VW can't match the Japs et al for making a car cost effectively. It was expensive despite using a fair number of shared VW components and yet it turned out to be a pretty fragile product!

But it's talents make up for it :D

Del? Is that you?!! :wink: :)

Kieron

96 VR6 (VWM VSR, ex-268s, AmD re-map etc,etc,etc. :wink: )

91 G60

Just curious, any reason not to get the 268's as its a future mod im looking at? :?

But the main reason the Corrado "failed" in sales terms was it's high cost when new. Goes to show that somehow VW can't match the Japs et al for making a car cost effectively. It was expensive despite using a fair number of shared VW components and yet it turned out to be a pretty fragile product!

But it's talents make up for it :D

Del? Is that you?!! :wink: :)

Hello mate! yes it's me!!

Just curious as to how you guessed from this mail??!! :lol: :lol:

How are you?

Just curious, any reason not to get the 268's as its a future mod im looking at? :?

Normally aspirated, no, supercharged, better off with 248s or 256s.

Kieron

96 VR6 (VWM VSR, ex-268s, AmD re-map etc,etc,etc. :wink: )

91 G60

My reason was because I was constantly driving the car like a loon and subsequently got a 6 month ban because of it.

The 268s with a VSR/VGI are a good combo and my reason for them over other cams were because the VSR already gave a nice increase in torque so I could afford to loose a little mid range for the benefit of power further up. My thinking, though flawed, was because most of my driving was on motorways and the car spent its life above 3000rpm at 70-80mph this would make sense.

It did and under 3000rpm the car mostly behaved just like a stock VR6 but from the moment the VSR switched and the cams coming on about 1500rpm later it just rocketed from the switch to redline. It encouraged fast motorway driving and flying past an unmarked copper at 130mph was the point I realised the 268s weren't good for me! :oops:

Hello mate! yes it's me!!

Just curious as to how you guessed from this mail??!! :lol: :lol:

How are you?

Ohh the BBS RS's? The MK1 in the sig? :wink: :lol:

serious question - how do the raddos take to NOS?

am partial to the odd bit of drag racing so might be an option ;)

The nitrous will be fine. Just make sure you get the fueling right and that your motor is in good shape..

A 50 shot nitrous kit here in the U.S. costs roughtly 500usd.

Saw a bog standard 110K old Golf VR (not even a Highline) push 201 bhp yesterday at Stealth. 209 after the schrick and Unichip! 205 lb torque.

What is it with those Golf engines? ABV VRs very rarely give much more than standard. But AAAs tear the rollers up regularly! Not fair....

pablo_vr6,

I've got 144000 miles on mine and have used it for over a year,the engine is tired(not from nos! ) and it copes fine with 100bhp shot of the funny gas !! :shock:

See here >> http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic. ... hlight=nos

Lots of people use it and love the stuff.....and its easy to see why when you use it.

Once it has been set up right (fuelling) you'll love it. :mrgreen:

Most horror stories you here are from bad fuelling,people fitting them and expecting the jets to be spot on...sadly not