Kaiser7

ABS light not coming on

As above, light not illuminating when ignition switched on.It was still plugged in on removal. Searched to find a second hand one but no luck.Can you still buy them from Volkswagen?

Part number is 535 919 235 BA.

Hello there,

the Corrado ABS warning light switch is about £80.00 to £85.00 new from VW main dealers,

well it was about 4 years ago the last time I checked.

Check fuse 16 in your fuse box hasn't blown,

as that I'm sure does the rear spoiler and ABS system / warning light,

if that fuse blows it will stop the ABS light from working.

Hope this helps

Si

Thanks for the replies.

Fuse 16 is not blown and the spoiler still operates normally. Also checked pins 2 & 3 for the bulb circuit in the multi plug connector and there is a 12V feed present.

Going to try and take the switch apart and see what happens.

Dismantled the light to piece parts and found that the bulb was mysteriously broken.

DSCF32811_zps91f0e338.jpg

Removed damaged bulb and soldered in a new one.Had a pack of 1.2W capless dash bulbs in the garage.

DSCF32831_zps8a0addd1.jpg

Put it all back together with the front part off an earlier ABS light.I think it blends in better with the other switches as it has a dimpled appearance.

DSCF32841_zps885cc31d.jpg

Good news now I have a working ABS light.

Bad news, it's permanently lit meaning something is not right. Going to get the car scanned today for fault codes, just hope it nothing too serious.

Ive done that front abs cap switch looks loads better doesnt it. Bad news on the abs light staying on though

Got the scan done today and came up the following code:

00276 - ABS Outlet Valve: Left Rear (N136)

Did a search on the forum, seems like a common fault with the ABS pump. Has anybody had theirs successfully repaired?

I don't want to risk fitting a second hand one in case it's faulty or the same thing happens again.

You could check the ABS ECU and see if it is water damaged, only takes a couple of minutes to remove

Ok, removed the ABS ECU an disconnected the multi plug.Found no signs of corrosion and the connectors were nice and bright.

Assuming that you had the fault cleared and it's come back, then I think that code points out a sticky valve in the pump. You could try flushing the system, but before/after you could rag the t*ts off the car, triggering the "ABS" a few times to see if it can free up anything. Failing that you may need a new pump. Don't get a new one from VW though as you'll need to have a stiff drink after they tell you the price! (they can be had fairly cheap from people breaking here)

One thing that I did find was that if you buy another pump you can plug just the connector in before anything else to see if it makes the light operate as normal. Didn't think it would until I tried it! A bit tight to squeeze another pump in the bay to reach the connector, but it can be done. Good luck!