st4stokie

Handbreak tunnel problem, not the normal plastic cover probs.

Just after some info and pics if possible. My C just failed mot on a couple of things. But the one that I'm not sure how to fix is the handbreak. Its failed on excessive travel, now I'm not sure but I think I've read somewhere on here that the fixture for the handbreak on the tunnel can break and cause this and I've noticed my lever is more over to the right than being central. It could possibly be that the cables need adjusting which I'm hoping is the case. Has anyone else had this problem with their handbreak lever? Thanks in advance Neil

Yeah, the mount where the stud fits (that the handbrake fixes onto) broke away on mine. Initially managed to wedge it back in and bend the metal back over but it did it again. Ended up having to tack a weld onto the stud and tunnel to fix it.

It would be obvious if the bracket welds failed. It would stop clicking after only a couple of clicks, but you'd be able to pull it up quite far further. It would feel obvious too mate.

Thats what it feels like seanl82 I'm going take seats out and the tunnel cover so I can have a good look at it and it'll give me an excuse sort the loose tunnel cover out aswell :-) Thanks for the replies