emu

Late mirror switch part number ??

Anybody can help, seems like can't find it anywhere and like to know what other cars they fit too.

I can't help with the part number but if you already have a non working one they are quite simple to take apart and clean up inside. I did it to mine when I got the car. The contacts just get oxidised over time and I took it apart and rubbed them down. There's a few springs inside so watch for those.

I can't help with the part number but if you already have a non working one they are quite simple to take apart and clean up inside. I did it to mine when I got the car. The contacts just get oxidised over time and I took it apart and rubbed them down. There's a few springs inside so watch for those.

Yep, not working and I know about fixing it but was thinking if I can get a new one for reasonable price.

I asked in VW the other week and they are about 70. Don't know the number though sorry.

Jesus ************* rip off merchants!

Mine aren't working and the previous owner has a VW quote for parts at £85!..his view (and mine) is. The car is only driven by me so the mirrors need only be in one position!

My mate checked out all the fuses and they were fine and he tested the connector and that was showing as power reaching it, so it wasn't the fuse after all. Took the switch apart and gave it all a good clean, but to no avail. The green lights do light up on the directional arrows but that's as far as it goes, and it's only been working intermittently for quite a while, so maybe it's had it's lot.

Going to have to bit the bullet and let the stealers fleece me for a new one!

Current price from the stealer - GBP70.58 inc VAT. Not as much as i thought it would be to be honest.

Speaking from experience please dont just buy a new switch and fit it! The right thing to do is take the old one off, use a battery or power pack and send some current down the mirrors, this will free them off and make sure that they work. if you put the new switch on then you will send too much current through the tiny tracks and they blow (I.e. the solder breaks and you don't have a continuous circuit)

Then and only then you should fit the switch. I didn't do the power thing and blew 2 switches (They burn and smell so you will know you've done it instantly)

I've got some switch spares if you need parts but the tracks on the printed circuit boards are blown.

You should pay around £14-£20, poss inc the handle for second hand.

Good luck, Matt

Part number on the back of the switch out of my 1995 Storm is 525959565, FYI.

Thank You