Mawrick

Long trip in the Corrado ? (any of you done europe "road trips" with it?)

Most likely will head down to Germany - and maybe even further down to Switzerland, and what not later this summer, but I haven't decided yet if I should take a long the Corrado VR6 or the 06 Passat V6, so any of you guys ever took the Corrado for a longer ride like this?.

Any thoughts.....lol....:)

Well, never went out of the UK in Corrado but done a trip from south to north, 10h driving non stop and I have to tell, the only more comofortable car to dirive I had was and Audi S3. Driving in Corrado doesn't hurt my back or legs or my but.

I've done many long journeys, few non stop driving to Poland from Scotland (except 1,5h stop on a ferry) what worked about 25 odd hours driving non stop and used many different cars including very comfortable Audi's and I have to say that so far Corrado is my number 2 comfortable car if we talk about tiredness to my body.

Yes! Many times! Am going over to Germany in mid June in the Corrado, all being well, for a 1,000 mile (ish) round trip.

It's a great car for doing a long drive - reasonably spacious (like for taking luggage and camping kit), reasonably fair on fuel and of course has a good range because of the 70 litre tank, and because it's the Corrado you can really enjoy it on some of the nicer roads you find :) Definitely a no brainer - take the Corrado. And as emu says it's surprisingly comfortable on long drives.

My only tip (and I guess this should be obvious) just get it checked over, by yourself or your trusted garage, before you set off for any obvious leaks or noises, etc :) And I always travel with a few essentials - oil, coolant, etc.

Took mine down to the French Alps in Summer 2004 with my then fiance & it was fantastic apart from no air con in 35 degree summer & not enough room in back for French wine to bring home !

Yes! Many times! Am going over to Germany in mid June in the Corrado, all being well, for a 1,000 mile (ish) round trip.

I assume there is some autobahn driving involved. What do you think is a "safe" speed these days in a 20 year old car. I think 90mph/150kph cruising is probably about right

Driving in Corrado doesn't hurt my back or legs or my but.

This is actually one of the reasons - as I had one long trip in it when I picked it up in Stockholm Sweden and brought it to Norway in the first place - but was really surprised how good the seats etc are in regards to getting hurt back and everything :).

This is all good news - heading off to Austria in mine in just under two weeks.

Nervous. As. Hell.

I did a 9 hour round trip recently with only a n hours break in the middle. The ar didn't miss a beat and the recaros were far more comfortable at the end of the journey than the seats in my Golf.

I'm currently on a trip to Lake District from Surrey, my VR6 reads 712 miles on this jaunt,not a single negative to report thus far! Epic cars for a road trip, with relatively light kerb weight,Corradodynamics,good fuel range and superb space..ideal! Always take a Corrado ahead of any other car I'm running.if the cars been looked after properly it will look after you

Been to Germany most years since 08 in the rado, they are good for it. In 09 we went to: France, Switzerland, Italy, Austria, Germany, Holland.....

we did 1000s of miles on major roads. Went through the alps, hit the nurburgring and loads of tunnels. Great fun it was too. 1 car had a wishbone bush failure which was fixed locally and one had a wobbly wheel which was loose bolts. Other than that the cars were great and took it all in their stride.

I would recommend having it looked at very closely and serviced prior to setting off. I did mine before and after. As said these cars are old so its worth knowing the state of your perishables, so to speak.

also, people love to see these cars on the road in mainland Europe

I assume there is some autobahn driving involved. What do you think is a "safe" speed these days in a 20 year old car. I think 90mph/150kph cruising is probably about right

Personally I try to stick to whatever the posted limit is when abroad - and even on unrestricted roads still tend to stick to 70/80MPH! Flat cap and driving gloves ahoy! :)

Does go without saying though - take out some European breakdown cover, just in case! :)

I'd say as long as the cars driven regularly anyway it's really not an issue how far you go in it. They're comfy on a long journey and will do everything you need it too.. If you were taking a 'project' out of the garage for the first time in years you'd be silly to take it 1000+ miles without putting some miles under it first.

It is pretty much my daily during summer, the engine have been apart and pretty much every wear partsøhave been replaced so quite confident it will be up to the task. Will have to have a look at the fuse boks as it does not sit straight up,

its a tight fit due to the wires lol. I guess that shold be a quick fix though :)

I'd say as long as the cars driven regularly anyway it's really not an issue how far you go in it. They're comfy on a long journey and will do everything you need it too.. If you were taking a 'project' out of the garage for the first time in years you'd be silly to take it 1000+ miles without putting some miles under it first.

Haha - mines been laid up pretty much since August last year, done about 100 miles since I pulled it out of the garage and will be driving it 900 miles on its first proper outing :)

Haha - mines been laid up pretty much since August last year, done about 100 miles since I pulled it out of the garage and will be driving it 900 miles on its first proper outing :)

Ah you will be right Jamie with the work you have done so far it will be fine enjoy the drive :) maybe next year for me