holeinmk1

Front grille badge for a VR6?

I've been wondering this recently too. They look the same from pictures I've seen. I bid on one but it went for more than I was willing to pay.

As Stuart says the golf one is bigger and they are obsolete from the dealers.

They do come up now and then 2nd hand and go for roughly £30-40.

30-40 quid for original Corrado VR6 grille badges these days? Crikey. I seriously need to look into getting them reproduced using this 3D printing tech, and trying to duplicate the silver finish.. hmm...

As you can probably tell by the patina on mine it is totally original the G60 one has been painted at some time though.

As you can probably tell by the patina on mine it is totally original the G60 one has been painted at some time though.

Patina............posh word for battered to fu©£! :lol:

Patina............posh word for battered to fu©£! :lol:

What you doing on this thread the red leather is calling :camp:

Says the man who wears a skirt.........:silent::rofl:

At least I don't have to wait till the Mrs get's home to ask if it's ok to buy something off ebay :rolleyes::p

I'm only kidding pal don't even bother about them red leather's the description say's they are from a corrado but he is selling them because they don't flip forward for in his 3 door as they came out of a 5 door :scratch: not sure what they are.....

I wouldn't touch em mate. I'm in the middle of freshening up the beige! :cool:

I have something you may be interested in mate :thumbleft:

Does the front grille badge off a Golf VR6 also fit the Corrado (late) grille?

Cheers Tom

I have hunted high and low for a badge. For many moons!

Watched them go for silly daft money as there are like hens teeth.

This is a Golf badge i sent for off ebay. i was told it was a Corrado badge but alas it was a golf so instead of it stuck in the garage i made it fit screwed on as well.

The Golf badge is quite a bit larger as mentioned and the plastic fixing tags are a million miles away from the ones on the grill.

Here are some pics of it fitted, but tbh i;m not quite sure if it looks ok or not. See what you guys think. :shrug:

While we are on the subject of badges. My son has just bought a 3D printer. I'm looking into a way to produce the corrado Vr6 badge.

We are working on a 3D scanner which scans all the shape and size of the subject item / Badge. Then look into producing the software and then print them off.

We are still in the early stages of testing, atm so fingers crossed.

The thing is i will need a badge to do the scan to get it in the computer. Hopefully will obtain one at a good price.

DSC00649.jpg"]DSC00649.jpg[/url]

DSC00645.jpg"]DSC00645.jpg[/url]

Edited by Ray1965

It looks pretty good that although i think i will hang on for a proper Corrado badge before i go robbing the one off my Golf. Can't believe even the Golf badges fetch so much.

Thanks for the answers.

There was someone on here not to long ago sold a red one for silly money to someone in france I think do believe it was over £100. On ebay

For me condition is'nt that important - i would be spraying it black to match my VW badge anyway. oh well back to ebay for now.