Mawrick

Ever heard of "Fanatic" speakers?

Just about to do a new installation of speakers etc in the Corrado - due to (hopefully with the Corrado) a longer roadtrip later this summer so will update the sound system a bit.

I haven't really had time to look at these things before, but now that I remove the cover I find the speakers that sits there (presumable cheapish stuff) I just thought if anyone have ever heard of a brand called "Fanatic" - model is FAN-5.2, even the name sounds cheapish....lol....

I'm thinking of buying some Pioneers as most are available localy - besides the 6x4 speaker (or at least haven't found that yet).....

but any tips on speakers I should look into would also be appreciated....:)

I fitted alpine G components in my old vr, and they sounded great in my view on the end of a good (again alpine) head unit. Cost under 100 and I soundproofed the doors while at it. Massive difference.

I now have JL C5 3ways in my gti, they are another level but also another level of spend!

Fanatic sound like a cheapy generic brand. Personally I wouldn't bother with the rear 6x4s as even when uprated, they contribute virtually nothing to the sound experience, in fact, I always faded them out and just used the fronts.

The fronts can sound good if (as said above) you sound deaden the doors with something like this - http://www.monsteraudiodesign.co.uk/shop/gladen-aero-2-door-kit-standard-sound-deadening/ and fit some decent speakers. Ideally you need 6.5" components in nice Audioscape door pods, but I have no idea what happened to them and it can start getting expensive.

Pioneers are OK. Gladen are very good. Alpine are OK. Focal are a bit bass shy but most people really rate them, JL are very good. SEAS are superb. Rainbow are very good. Hertz are good. and so on.

I realise I've thrown a lot of brands at you. Just encouraging diversity as there is far more choice out there than people realise I think!

What about the speakers on top of the dash, are they worth upgrading and any sizes/suggestions?

Ian.

You would upgrade those anyway when you buy a speaker set as that's where the tweeters live.

Any tips on amps that will fit anywhere one could "hide" it ? I'v looked at the Focal FD 4.350 which seem to be small and also a small Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 - but read somewhere the Rockford might get extremely hot.

Is it better to get a physical bigger one - and any tips on where to hide it - I have been thinking back of the mid console, but I guess that limits the size of it :)