seanrodford

remote central locking diy guide

ok so today i fitted a universal remote central locking kit

it was a ebay special at about 9 pounds its nothing fancy just lock unlock and indicators flashing

i have just scotch locked it gashly to get it working correct and i will solder it all properly this week some time

but i wondered if anyone would like me to make a how to guide for anyone if no one is interested i wont bother but with correct info its a 20 min job to get wired up :smug:

Always good to have the info, I'm sure someone will be interested, even if it's just where to splice into the current loom. Get it up!

Its a pretty straightforward job actually. I've done a couple of cars a while back with the VClick kits off of ebay. The instructions are pretty good that come with it, you just need to identify a couple of permanent live feeds iirc.

ahh god I just ordered one off ebay shouldbe here for weekend so il have a playat fitting it, is it as easy as just splice into the wires test and solder?

Pretty much. You'll have to drill into the door inner panel or use existing holes for the actuator, and its a bit of trial and error by moving them about a little to ensure they're unlocking the door correctly, but its easy enough mate.