redrado666

1.8t conversion fuel pump

hi guys currently have a 1.8t AGU corrado with a ko3s. The car was originally a 2.0 16v. Went to take it for a remap the other day and the mapper recommended that i upgrade the fuel tank to a corrado vr6 tank and pump as the 16v kjet stuff isn't up to the job. can anyone back this up as other stuff I've read online people have said the 16v pump is fine to use. thanks!

K Jet pumps have a lot pressure, but not massive flow. Flow reduces as pressure increases.

Standard K03 - K04 1.8Ts won't trouble a K Jet pump setup, but if you try and push for 300hp you'll probably need to swap to a bigger flowing pump.

K Jet pumps have a lot pressure, but not massive flow. Flow reduces as pressure increases.

Standard K03 - K04 1.8Ts won't trouble a K Jet pump setup, but if you try and push for 300hp you'll probably need to swap to a bigger flowing pump.

That's exactly how he said it. Said he didn't want to melt the engine. Will a vr6 tank bolt straight into a 95 16v? Cheers

Guest sam1990rhodes

just to resurect this a little as im curious, im in the same boat, AGU with K03s and a 16v fuel pump, mate has got a VR6 pump he's said i can have, is it worth swapping or is it not needed?

My car ran an aum code 20vt. It ran the standard intank pump and inline pump with no issues. Car was remapped making about 210bhp.

I need to find a decent intank pump one now that will keep my surge tank and bosch 044 happy.

My car ran an aum code 20vt. It ran the standard intank pump and inline pump with no issues. Car was remapped making about 210bhp.

I need to find a decent intank pump one now that will keep my surge tank and bosch 044 happy.

g60 or vr6 pump easily flows enough to keep a 044 happy. Ive got a IE tank and pump and im running nearly 300bhp and no problem. Originally my g60 pump couldn't provide enough pressure at high rpm but flow was good. It's old so way past it's prime but it only feeds the 044 so it doesn't create any pressure now