Tempest

Spring Classic at Gaydon with UK slot car festival Sunday 18/5/2014

If I get my car back, might tool over for a few hours.

Tomorrow folks, weather looks great, so hopefully get to see a few more Cs at Gaydon :)

Tempest

What a gorgeous day it was, so off I went in my C towards Gaydon where the Spring Classics coincided with a slot car event inside the museum premises. Parked up next to an E-Type, till I spotted another C, a bramble VR with a spot next to it, so parked my C next to what appeared to be Craig's. Soon after our Cs attracted a further E-Type, ergo our Cs attract E-Types :lol:

Met up with another 928-colleague and his 928 (wish I could have brought both the C and my 928 now), had a few interesting chats with various folk whilst milling around the 2 Cs, and then scooted off to the indoor slot car event. Never have I seen so many adult men become all childish again at the sight of so many slot-car related things, and indeed huge tracks. Most men seemed to have brought along their sons as an alibi :lol:

The most impressive stand I felt was a slot car drag strip where the 2 contestant cars shot off at such an incredible pace, never seen that before. I asked whether they were running a hidden nuclear powerplant to get the required juice into the tracks for that kind of acceleration :)

Hope you got home safely again, Craig, was good to meet you :)

Time for pics of the cars I snapped:

gaydon1.jpg

gaydon2.jpg

gaydon3.jpg

gaydon4.jpg

gaydon5.jpg

gaydon6.jpg

gaydon7.jpg

gaydon8.jpg

gaydon9.jpg

gaydon10.jpg

gaydon11.jpg