peterdinosaur

New Corrado after a year away.......

So after a year away from Corrados (had a 2.0 16v which is now in a sorry state on my drive......) I have bought another.

This time I have gone from a valver to a VR6 Storm in Mystic Blue.

I have been running the storm for a few months now and am definitely enjoying it!

Not to say there are not any problems....but so far most have been easily resolved (including my friend losing my immobiliser fob, so having to remove the whole alarm system....).

So a few pictures of when I took I took it to the lakes last week and a few of the extras I got with it will be for sale soon as they don't fit in with my plans for the car........one of these extras may be a VW Motorsport Maniold!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78601[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]78602[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]78603[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]78604[/ATTACH]

Just to say this forum has helped me out a lot over the last few years of ownership, and just reading it convincing me to get another Corrado! So a lot of thanks to everyone involved!

Welcome back to ownership, lovely looking original Storm. I was also in the Lakes last week (in the Corrado) and didn't see another on the whole 900 mile trip! Love the VR6 on those roads

Thanks! Yes it was an excellent drive, have to agree the VR6 does enjoy the roads!

My trip was not as long only about 300 miles but again, no Corrados :(

A VSR is a bloody good 'extra' to get with it!

Agreed on the roads. I've been to the lakes 3 times in my Corrado and also Wales a few times, brilliant roads.

Looking good, and it's got a CCGB sticker in it so probably an extra 10-15bhp right there!

Haha, so far that theory seems correct, but I had a van in between the Corrados......so anything feels fast in comparison!

The VGR wasn't the only extra either, but shall be doing some work on it over the next few months adding other parts which appeared with it...

But MOT next month so that takes priority......and as usual the ABS doesn't work (someone disconnected the light which then flew at me out of the dash when accelerating)!

There were some seats available with this car…

Out of interest if you look on the underside of your VSR does it have a VW Audi logo near the part number (throttle body end)

I have taken a photo of the underside of the VSR, not sure if you mean the ones on the throttle body, but I suspect not:[ATTACH=CONFIG]78615[/ATTACH]

What is the significance of the mark?

Also you are correct there where a full set of recaros in ultra violet with it, at the moment I am using them in the car until I sort out the bolster on the black leather seats.

Interesting…

Some VSRs have the VW logo on and some don't.. Also your serial number, the 921123, mine is 923124. I wonder if they are individually numbered, i know they had labels originally on the name plate that had a number on but to put it in the casting seems a lot of effort for little gain..