cuske

Can anyone recommend a sunroof/ spoiler repairist?

I've just bought a G60, haven't actually got it yet but paid a deposit.

The main issues with it when it arrives are the old sunroof and spoiler ones, neither working. I've looked at threads on these and decided that with me not having the required tools, experience, knowledge or skills I'm not the man for the job.

I also don't want to take it to a local garage either as they, no doubt will have the tools and possibly the skills, but not the knowledge and experience which I think is the all important part.

Does anyone know the man I need to be talking to and even better have some contact details for them?

There are plenty of helpful guys on the forum what i'm sure will help you out. I'm not up on the sun roof / spoiler repair, how to and what to check.

It will be a process of elimination i guess.

Checking the fuses first / power feeds to the switches and condition of them, etc and then going further into it like checking the mechanical side.

It is a common problem on the C but they are both fixable.

I see you have bought a G60 very good, hope the charger is good.

I see you are in Cleethorpes just a hour away from me. :thumbleft:

From what the guys saying the motors and mechanisms need an overhaul. I haven't seen the car, just buying blind. The charger is stage 4 tuned and has done 15k since so it's about due a service. I know the car needs a few quid throwing at it but got it at an ok price so hopefully there's no nasty suprises in store as I've had in the past.

Another G60 on the way to recovery I got told by OCD at Elsecar rebuild on a stage 4 charger about every 25K and should cost about £350 for a service/inspection. But if you want to get it checked out for piece of mind it's all good as you don't know much about the history of the car. I would also change the oil feed and return lines as they have a habit of breaking down through age and starving the charger of oil which will wreck the charger, OCD sell these at about £45 a piece which is a lot cheaper than having to replace the charger. I changed mine for piece of mine as they were over 4 years old. I was lucky enough to get a very detailed history with mine from another enthusiast.

Not clued up on the sunroof.

But for the spoiler, you could repair this your self with some basic tools. Probably best reporting back what it is, or not doing when you get the car.

But for the spoiler, you could repair this your self with some basic tools. Probably best reporting back what it is, or not doing when you get the car.

Likewise with the sunroof. Does it make any attempt to work in either direction?

Likewise with the sunroof. Does it make any attempt to work in either direction?

Pass, I don't get the car until a week on Sunday.

Thanks, I will have a little look but anything more than press the button and I'm lost.

Spoiler faults can be all the way back to the clocks, it may not necessarily be the motor at fault. Best way is to check the motor is actually working with an external 12v source, if it doesn't great, if it does than you have to start chasing the wiring back.

The sunroof mechanisms wear with age. The metal the moving parts of the sliders are made from is extremely brittle even when brand new. None of the parts are available from VW anymore as they went obsolete some time ago. It's highly unlikely that you'll find someone with brand new bits lying around. Best bet if it is the cartridge at fault (which in my experience it is more often than not) is to try and find a good second hand one, however it may not last for long.

Its not a very positive statement I know, but had VW fitted the Corrado with the same sunroof cartridge as the Mk2 golf then they would be a lot more robust and would last a lot longer.

I've just bought a G60, haven't actually got it yet but paid a deposit.

Hi

Congrats. What year is it?