Sign in to follow this  
dazzyvr6

18" alloys

ive got a chance of some 18" alloys,what would i need to do to get them to fit?or should i not bother and go for some 17" instead

ps they are brand new and going for £600 ono

I think 18's might look just tooo big on a Corrado...

Though why dont you buy em if they are such a steal, and try sell them on again at a higher price? :)

Yeah,daz mate I saw them advertised,you`re still going to have to buy tyres once you buy the wheels.I would stick with 17`s and lower the car onto them to get the right look.I think 18`s would give a harsher ride anyway. 8) 8)

dazzyvr6, yeah I think they look cool wheels and I think you are right they would suit the Corrado how much would tyre cost?I reckon you would be another £500 at least.The decision is yours. 8)

I have the exact same alloys in 17" on my 16v 1990 burgandy C. I love them. Occasionally I think I might like bigger ones. Let me know how it goes.

My mate has hade 18" on his 2.0 16v C for about a year know. He didn't need to do anything to his arches to get them on. I've had a drive and although it sticks like glue i'd say that 17" give sharper steering and definatly better pickup. As for looks, his has been dropped about 40mm on spax adjustables and looks the business with these 7 spoke masitaly wheel.

oh yeh......and he is currently riding with two slow puctures on his worn tyres, because it will cost him £280 to get the the pair replaced. If you can afford expensive tyres go for it, the five spokes will look great!!!!!!! :twisted:

i dont think you could go over 7 1/2" wide on 18's i still think you may need a few subtle arch mods though? i had to mod my rear arch's to run 9-16"s getting bored of them now but dont know what next? thinking of some amg split rims 8-17's mabee? :p

I think 18's might look just tooo big on a Corrado

how about this:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sra ... 0fadb5.jpg

Looks daft in my opinion.

Each to their own though!

Daft?

I was just messing around when I took that photo. The rims are from an SUV and I already had the car on jack stands. I have decide that 15" and 16" rims are my style for the rado :wink:

Thank god.. I thought someone had actually put wheels like than their 'rado - obviously desperate to get an SUV version or somethin!

Glad to see it was just G60ING messing around :)

I guess it depends on the alloy style, but 16's or 17's would be the biggest I would ever go.. but seeing as alloys cost so much, i'll be sticking with my 15" Estorils and getting em refurbed at some point or other!

I have 17's fitted but have damaged them and need new tyres all round, so decided to buy a new package and go upto 18's. found a wheel with the right width and offset. running coilovers aswell so can get it as low as i can. you will need to roll the front and rear arches, remove front liners but thats it.

have't got a proper pic yet but this is what a friend did for me to give me an idea.

psc_corrado-th.jpg

I do like the look of them.

Ice Direct Peterborough

Im running 17`s on mine, sometimes look out of the window and think they look two small, the car needs lowering though, i think 18`s would look spot on. dont know about the clearance though and just think of the tramlining :shock: also my power steering pump seems to work hard on 17`s :o

18s would make your brake discs look tiny!! Good excuse for some huge discs and 4 pots though!

Whilst I don't see any harm in 18s, I can't help thinking they would wreck the car's brilliant poise and handling. MK2 Golfs always handled best on 15s, and it's therefore no surprise to find 15s on the Corrado, which is as we all know, a MK2 Golf underneath. Depends what you want, looks or handling. You can't have both with 18s, no way. I personally think Corrados look at their best riding on Estorils with no more than a 40mm drop. If I did ever see the light and go for bigger wheels, then it would most definitely have to be 17" Borbet Cs.

Kev

94 VR6

i think corrados look best slammed as low as possible on 17s.. 18s would be nice but way harsh on ride quality and pocketbook..and you'd be slower off the line!

i'm on 15s now..keepin em but with $$ rubber this spring. i think 18s are just too much...and don't you have cobblestone roads and shit like that over there??? :shock: :?