maff

95 Mystic storm

I've finally got myself a good honest unmoleted storm and went to collect her on saturday.

I decided to swap my other project storm for a schrick manifold and sell my green vr which i let go probably too cheap!

The chap who i purchased the car from was defiantly into his cars, I'm sure he mentioned he had a fleet of race cars and thats where the corrado was last serviced at grant motorsport, he also rolled out a tvr sagaris and said he had two of them!

I need to sort a few things, sunroof is dead, i don't think the heated seats work but haven't checked them yet with the nice weather we are having. It has a key with an immobiliser built in which is strange so i may just install a simple fob alarm.

Bodywork is in good condition but has a spot of bubbling appearing around the front indicator in the drivers wing, also there is a tiny bit of bubbling around the rear window which is a strange one, also a bit of paint has flaked off on the rear bumper. I'll be putting her into a body shop and probably get the whole drivers side painted, but paint is good and all the same colour.

Engine pulls strong and has had the top end rebuilt at stealth at 96,000, car is sitting at 140,000 now. Strangly the receipt for the top end rebuild is a bit vauge with no mention of chains or tensioners being changed?

The suspension was completely replaced at 95,000 with oem equipment and to be honest i really like the standard ride but i don't think i can live with the old 4x4 height so its either coil overs or struts and springs asap.

Heres a few pics of when i got her home yesterday:

image_zps097bf628.jpg

image_zpsa189e134.jpg

image_zps4946be84.jpg

image_zpsa685333d.jpg

And ill be putting this little beauty on her as soon as i source a schrick controller! Anyone know the best place to find one? i have the vacuum tank but no control unit. Can i just use a rev limit switch?

image_zpsdc9359d4.jpg

Looks nice but you need to lower it :)

Tell me about it! its a weekend car so i may go for some coilovers

Nice one !

You say the previous owner had 2 Sagaris ,wow ,love them but probably even more unreliable than a Corrado !

Good luck with your new C

Do like the Mystic Storms, that Schrick looks familiar, could possibly be my old one as I painted in the lettering to match my blue Samco hoses

Could be! Why did you sell it? and thanks for the pic of the engine bay, just how i want mine to look eventually.

Sold that Rado a few years ago, have had another since and now its gone also, I've had 5 of the buggers :bonk:

I considered this one myself. It looks like a nice, honest original car. Always nice to see original supplying dealer plates on a car.

Great car, lovely to see another one on here. I fitted AP coliovers to mine a few weeks back and love the transfomation from 4x4!

Sold that Rado a few years ago, have had another since and now its gone also, I've had 5 of the buggers :bonk:

Only five you say? This will be my sixth vr now! This ones a keeper, just gotta sort the small body issues and eventually get a stealth engine rebuild, nothing wrong with the engine though just when the times right she'll get some love!

Definatly feels like a backward step after selling a modded vr though, very wallowy!

Great car, lovely to see another one on here. I fitted AP coliovers to mine a few weeks back and love the transfomation from 4x4!

Thanks, been looking at the ap coilovers, how do you find them?

I considered this one myself. It looks like a nice, honest original car. Always nice to see original supplying dealer plates on a car.

Yeah the chap said it had the original scotts of sloane plate surround and it sure did, strange though as when i first viewed the car i did the compulsory rear boot sticker check and it looks as through someone had peeled it off? Very much a genuine car though that just needs some tlc, also found the car lived a few years of its life 10 miles from me, never seen it before though?!

I'm using it all week as my daily needs new brakes, i got 36 mpg today:-)

Little update on the storm, just took it to a mechanic friend who pointed out its had a rear quarter repair hence why there is a bit of bubbling around the rear window on the drivers side, didn't make me feel great to be honest but then i thought these cars are so old now, there can't be many that haven't took a scrape or two.

And i'm not after a show car and certainly not looking to pay 5-6k for a storm so will be getting the few body bits done and enjoy it!

Things to do are: fit replacement sunroof, new bonnet release cable, restick headlining where sagging, fit a stereo (probably an alpine), drivers heated seat DOES work but not passenger side, sort central locking, coil overs, fit schrick then bodywork, sorted

:-)

Just a quick note, once the headlining starts to peel off nothing on this earth will keep it stuck up permanently. Having mine re-trimmed as we speak.

Little update on the storm, just took it to a mechanic friend who pointed out its had a rear quarter repair hence why there is a bit of bubbling around the rear window on the drivers side, didn't make me feel great to be honest but then i thought these cars are so old now, there can't be many that haven't took a scrape or two.

And i'm not after a show car and certainly not looking to pay 5-6k for a storm so will be getting the few body bits done and enjoy it!

Things to do are: fit replacement sunroof, new bonnet release cable, restick headlining where sagging, fit a stereo (probably an alpine), drivers heated seat DOES work but not passenger side, sort central locking, coil overs, fit schrick then bodywork, sorted

:-)

The repair could be the reason the boot sticker had been peeled off?

Thanks, been looking at the ap coilovers, how do you find them?

I'm really happy with them, nice amount of travel, not hit the bump stops yet and I do fast on the M4 (people might know that massive dip in the fast lane around Reading) and its not bottomed out. The handling is more confident (Especially with it still on the Solitudes) They look and feel well manufactured and definitely compare to the last set of Weitec coilovers I had a few yrs back.

I'm really happy with them, nice amount of travel, not hit the bump stops yet and I do fast on the M4 (people might know that massive dip in the fast lane around Reading) and its not bottomed out. The handling is more confident (Especially with it still on the Solitudes) They look and feel well manufactured and definitely compare to the last set of Weitec coilovers I had a few yrs back.

Cheers, i think I'll get me some:-) Cannot be doing with the standard suspension especially just coming from and koni/H&R setup:-(

Strange one on the repair as the boot floor and rear balance looks untouched and you can see where the sticker used to be as the glue is still left behind in the shape of the sticker.

Also just phoned vw and they confirmed she is a genuine storm, just me being paranoid!

The repair could be the reason the boot sticker had been peeled off?

Also the car still has the original Dealer rear number plates so surely if it had rear damage in the past the plate wouldn't of survived?

Bit of an update, i've had the storm laid up on the drive for a while due to some unpaying tenants bleeding me dry but the other day i put a new battery on her and she fired into life, but unfortunately the other half needs to use the corrado for a week while her mr2 gets an mot so fingers crossed she doesn't write it off!

I also nipped the corrado into my bodywork guy who is very good and will be sorting all the little rust bits for £800. He also informed it has not had a rear end and has the original floor pan so bit of a strange one why the sticker has been peeled off. Also found it has the original front scotts of sloane number surround also which is nice:-)

I actually gave vw uk a call to confirm the storms authenticity and after the chap having to go back into an older system he did confirm that it was a storm.

Heres some pics of the offending areas

image_zps7083f5c9.jpg

image_zps9bd94ef7.jpg

image_zps1a9d7b94.jpg

image_zps54e89614.jpg

image_zps31d63c24.jpg

Desperate for a chrome front grill badge which i have lined up and some coil overs

Edited by maff