JMC

Headlight protectors - good investment

Was cleaning my car today, and as usual took off the headlight protectors (bought from a group buy on here years ago) to give them a good clean. Found a big crack in one, which means it has done it's job and saved my headlight. What can I say - best investment I made, but are they still available anywhere...

I've never really understood these...It's a product that becomes damaged itself! :bonk:Doesn't seem a good investment to me. There are proven Motorsport products out there that don't get pitted/crack, and also don't look horrid on the car!

radovalverlamin-x1910081.jpg

radovalverlamin-x191008.jpg

Riley are you talking about helicopter tape by any chance ? Bloody good stuff, but it does dis-colour after a while.

Riley are you talking about helicopter tape by any chance ? Bloody good stuff, but it does dis-colour after a while.

He's talking about Lamin-x

I've used slightly thinner glass protection film than laminx, I reckon it's really effective, and the advantages of being virtually invisible and cut to protect fogs and indicators too, personally I think the polycarbonate headlight protectors look awful

Meh - well a thumbs up for me from the headlight protectors. I don't really notice them on the car, and judging by a few cracks in my old set, they've saved me from having to buy a few new headlight lenses.

Same with me Jim, I don't notice them when they're on there, and I struggle to see how the adhesive film can be as effective. Each to their own I suppose. Any ideas where I can get a new set Jim?