Edward Jordan

Valuing a G60

Hi all - I have a H reg 1991 totally original (apart from exhaust it's too loud) and I have no idea how to value it! And I need to sell it as family now and just not going to use it!

So for info:

March 1991 G60

Mileage 168k

Cloth interior

All electrics work

Very annoying alarm

Tornado red

MOT nov 2014

Tax until End of May

Good bits:

It's still nice and red and has been garaged for last 12 years and never taken out in the rain.

I have done all the servicing myself over last 8 years apart from major stuff like super charger servicing.

Speaking of which only done 8k since last rebuild

Cam belt done 6k ago

Inside is perfect condition

Recently put original suspension back on as was running on very low ones (still have them as well)

It starts first every time and still pulls well

Original bbs alloys are perfect with centre caps

Bad bits:

The exhaust is shocking its in good condition it's just to loud for my liking

Rust starting to come through in normal places but only slight bubbling nothing major

Overall paint work is good

So help what's it worth I don't want to give it away but I have not seen any completely original for sale over last 4/5 months I can see there are only 260 odd left on the road of the G60's

Cheers

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78621[/ATTACH]

Put it up for what you would like for it, then reduce as appropriate if it doesn't sell is the advice most people give.

But...

I'd start around 3750. Sounds well looked after and fairly original but mileage is a little high.

Prices seem a little low at the moment with so many Corrados coming out of the woodwork and appearing on eBay, although not so many of them are G60s.

I think the key for a buyer at the moment is how much 'restorative' engine and drivetrain work has been done to ensure less expenditure once bought. Your cam belt and supercharger history is good though.

Prices seem all over the place online as far as I can see, so I can understand your difficulty in pricing!