inkarnata

New US Corrado Owner

Spent the morning with the seat out crammed under the dash. I completely disconnected the fusebox. I did find a ground wire with no connector on it just hanging out but its not a part of the same circuit as the spoiler. There are a few single plugs not connected under there but I cannot find matching connectors anywhere

Completely disconnected the fusebox this morning, and reconnected it (most likely not all of it....damn there are a lot of plugs and wires) However, now I can now put a fuse into 16, and turn the car to ACC and it won't pop off, AND I can raise the spoiler manually. However, if I try to put it down, a 15a fuse pops, if I try it with a 30a in there...just for testing...it will go up, but does not try to go down, I have the ABS/Brake light out and visible and when I press the down part of the switch that bulb dims.

That sounds like the motor for the spoiler is gummed up to me. The dimming is because it's drawing a lot of power trying to operate something, in this case the spoiler motor. How easily does it move if you move it manually, as in directly from the motor and not the switch?

That was the assumption I went under last night and I removed the spoiler and started cleaning up the internals...working on putting it back together today. It moved fairly smoothly of course I don't have anything to compare it to...

Well thought it was doing some good...then once I put the spoiler back together and up into the car, nothin....took it back out opened up the motor again and a few broken pieces fell out...no bueno. Found a motor for $25 from Tampa, FL..waiting to hear back.

Sucks to hear about the motor for your rear wing, hope it all works out. I am a few hours north of you, have you gotten any updates on the motor?

I just got it working last night with a replacement. And I have a whole motor and mechanism coming that I got for a steal to hang onto. I've also acquired a B3 Passat moon roof, repaired 1 of the broken fogs with a Bosch lens..the second one will get done tonight.

Nice, I am looking to do the B3 Moonroof swap as well. Sounds like you have some really good progress going. Any more pics?

Hasn't left my garage....I did do he obligatory spoiler up and down video after fixing it but that's just on my Facebook.

Nice, I hope you don't have to do nearly as much as I did with the B5.. That thing is still laying in pieces; in-fact, the headache it gave me is the reason it is on the chopping block.

That CNC SLC should look very nice. What are your future plans for her?

Just get her a solid runner keep it as a project to tinker with. I'm 32 w 3 kids....it doesn't get much more exciting than a project car :-)

The Corrado will get a Mk4 shifter some coilovers and loving car to keep it maintained. There is a thought that there might be an errant metal pin in the block somewhere so maybe I'll go fish for that at some point...but it made it am hour and a half home of me romping on it without an issue.

lol, I am 28 with no kids and a gf who doesn't want any lol. Currently all of my money goes to my cars, it will be that way for a while; at least until I can convince her to have a family lol. I enjoyed the passat, but everything went at the same time (4 month span) I couldn't keep up with all the parts. After a while, I had to park the car and get another one till I can finish fixing it. Now Ihave all the parts but no time. All I can think of is getting my money back and putting it into my project car.

Nice! the one I am working on picking up has grey cloth. I am going to do a thorough inspection on it this weekend, if all goes to plan I will be the new owner. I will take lots of pics when the time comes. I am debating if I want to source out leathers or just have what is in it, rewarpped.

Very nice, I am curious to know if, when doing the moonroof swap, you need to use the Passat track or stick with the Corrado track. I'd like to know what hurdles you come across as well; if you don't mind.