RadoVirgin

Want to have my vr6 remapped and can't find anywhere decent on the south coast!!

I have just completed a long term refurbishment of the engine in my corrado vr6. I bought a low mileage engine which came from a golf vr6 automatic. The engine had a GTI Engineering pack fitted to it which seemed to be mainly head work. I had the head rebuilt with new valve stems and exhaust valves and since then I've put the engine back together with all new timing chains, manual flywheel and new clutch.

My problem is that now im running a 2.8 vr6 with polished head, high lift cams, 6 branch Dubpower, full milltek and BMC CDA induction on the original 2.9 ECU and although it seems to run fine, I think there may be alot more potential.

What i'm looking for is a reputable company to custom remap the original ecu and although the default answer will probably " Vince at Stealth ", i'm based in the portsmouth area and coventry is still a bit of a trek.

I am actually looking at Jkm's Website at the moment and i cant decipher whether or not they do a custom remap of just your generic preloaded map ?? Apart from that I do have the option to go full standalone Emerald ECU as I plan to turbocharge at a later date but it is mega expensive and I dont have a spare £1000 lying around at the moment.

I have just spoken to JKM, and they can't custom remap my ecu because its too old and they have advised me to go standalone.

K6 Emerald ECU is £595+vat = £714

To save money I can fit it myself and the ECU will come with a base map.

Full rolling road setup of the emerlad is £350+vat = £420

Total = £1134

There must be cheaper options out there!!!!

hi m8

i recently had lots of work done at stealth on my VR - full info here if you want to see what was done http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=44751&page=2&highlight=g0ldf1ng3r

vince remapped mine after the work, which was very similar to yours apart form the 6 branch & milltek, & it resulted in a 10% increase

I would imagine your results would be very similar & if you are planning to go turbo it might not be worth the extra spend.

FYI i think vince charged around £400 for the rolling road remap part of the work

hope that helps

Yeah, there is, Stealth. £350+VAT is massively cheaper than £1134, but as you can't be arsed to drive up there, it's a moot point, even though he is the best Motronic mapper in the VW scene by far.

Yeah, there is, Stealth. £350+VAT is massively cheaper than £1134, but as you can't be arsed to drive up there, it's a moot point, even though he is the best Motronic mapper in the VW scene by far.

Point taken mate, I might just have to book in and get it done. The only down side is that my in laws live not far from stealth and it'll will probably turn into a weekend trip!!!!!!

Taliking of Stealth, is this the address?

Stealth Racing UK, Units 6 & 12, Warwick House Industrial Estate, Banbury Road, Southam, Warwickshire, CV47 2PT Phone: 01926 812259 Fax: 01926 817739

Taliking of Stealth, is this the address?

Stealth Racing UK, Units 6 & 12, Warwick House Industrial Estate, Banbury Road, Southam, Warwickshire, CV47 2PT Phone: 01926 812259 Fax: 01926 817739

Yes m8 thats the one.