seanl82

Throttle cable pedal rubber bung thing........

Just bought a new old stock accelerator cable after mine snapped on Bruntingthorpe Runway :o , and I've had a search on here and had a look on VAGCAT, but I don't think the bung is sold separately. Its the one that I think attaches the cable to the hoop on the pedal.

Can't find it on heritage either, so was just wondering if anyone knew if it was available, and hopefully has a part number?

Thanks!

part number for the bung that goes on the pedal is 191 721 599

but the cable you just bought doesn't have the hook on the end to go in the bung

Cheers dude. The one I just bought has the purple ball and spring. Its identical to the one that snapped, and listed correct for VIN on Vagcat.............:scratch:

cool,

so how does it fit?

You'll have to excuse the questions but it is mine you have bought of ebay and I got worried when you said you need the bung as that seems to have the hook go through it

Ah thanks Graham, how it fits was gonna be my next question!

I don't know tbh. I'm worried a little now too, as it had obviously snapped in the past as it was bonded together with a bit of choc block with some resin surrounding it. I'd not noticed it before tbh, so I'm not entirely sure if it was kind of bodged in. When it snapped, the bung dropped down though which is why I assumed it was correct....

Is it just held on by the bung? Mine came in lipped last week and is barely fixed in place now, I assumed I'd lost the circlip...

heres the ETKA diagrams, they may help with part numbers, might be you need the clip and socket instead of the bung.

Someone on here will know

etka2_zps09812c4a.jpg