vr6paul

Vr6 clutch slave and master cylinders

Hi there, I'm looking for these 2 parts and wondering if I should consider 2nd hand. It's for a 94 vr so would parts from any other versions suit? Many thanks

The clutch slave cylinder is pretty cheap and readily available so I would buy a new one. The clutch master cylinder could be a problem as the early ones are obsolete, but you can still buy new later ones. So it depends on which one you have fitted to your car.

I completely lost the clutch on my '94 VR6 recently and got away with just fitting a new slave cylinder at around £44 so it might be worth trying that before you buy both. It can be done from above without removing anything else. I did consider the master cylinder as shown at the link above, but if you read the small print in the ad. it does state that it's for a left hand drive car ......... not sure if that would matter or not but in the event it wasn't necessary anyway.

Whats wrong with the clutch? If its hydraulic failure the master will allow fluid to return to the reservoir (the clutch won't clear the flywheel), the slave will leak fluid onto the floor.

I presume you've tried bleeding it?

I've had my cousin look at it and he thinks the seals are away. Car has been sitting for 6 years and clutch pedal wasn't coming all the way back up without help. Now there is no pressure at all. Best to try slave only first?

I've had my cousin look at it and he thinks the seals are away. Car has been sitting for 6 years and clutch pedal wasn't coming all the way back up without help. Now there is no pressure at all. Best to try slave only first?

I would change slave cylinder first and see whats happen. It should solve the problem.

If the slave has failed hydraulically it will leak fluid externally (on the floor?)