scarlet_vr6

Wheel refurb - south coast/home counties area

A colleague and I both want to get some wheels refurbed and I started to wonder if anyone else around the north Hampshire area is thinking about it too. I plan to go to MyAlloys (who I've not used before but have only ever heard very good things about) in Basingstoke. I have no idea at this point if they would consider a group discount but didn't want to ask without knowing if anyone else is interested.

They quoted me £60 + VAT for each wheel (original one piece 17" BBS) for single colour powder coating.

Neither of us are rushing to get them cleaned up now - I'm really thinking ahead for next winter but happy to move a couple of months either way if others are interested.

yes, I looked at them too but they are more expensive and a lot further away. I have heard very good things about them too though. Thanks for the suggestion.

I've use them twice (MyAlloys that is) for my two sets of Lexus 18x10" wheels. One set on bright silver sparkle, one set in anthracite, they did a superb job.

I'd be interested in getting my 16" speedlines done for the Corrado.

Edited by Tigerfish

Hi,

Got my 15" speedlines done about a month ago by MyAlloys in Basingstoke, they did a brilliant job and also repaired 3 of the wheels that were buckled. Did such a good job my husband got them to the CSL wheels on his BMW Z3 M coupe - also a great job.

Highly recommended, nice folks too.

Just talking generally about powder coating wheels, if you don't get them clear coated over the silver and you use wheel cleaner or solvents the silver alloy flakes in the powder coat will tarnish and go dull.