Trackslag

Trackslag conversion downpipes

Hello everyone, I'm Mathew from Trackslag :wave:

We've been doing conversion pipework for a while now, which for the large part has been bought by the Mk2 Golf and SEAT crowd.

Our acclaimed MK2 exhaust systems (Featured in Performance VW December 2013) are winning races most weekends these days too!

Here are a few pictures of the downpipes and a charge pipe which will fit your cars when going the 20v route.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78786[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]78789[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]78788[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]78787[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]78790[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]78791[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]78792[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]78793[/ATTACH]

What we've got above, is a 2.5" and a 3" for K04 fitment then there's the 2.5" and 3" for K03/k03s fitment. So that's a choice of 4 downpipes, all on the shelf!

All of our pipework is made with European stainless steel, mandrel bends, back purged TIG welds etc...

Our products are motorsport items, we don't cut corners on quality.

We can offer members of The Corrado Forum free delivery on the above downpipes and charge pipe :thumbleft:

Please get in touch before ordering for the free delivery offer.

Nice work track slag. You reckon you could fabricate some brake hats and cali brackets? If I promise to nail them round a track of course....

Thanks :) We're sticking to pipework for now, but we will be doing other stuff over years to come. I'm currently widetracking my Mk2 with Vr 5 stud parts, so you never know what other parts may be developed along the way :)

Would you be able to make up a 24v turbo conversion downpipe? I'm not going to be in the market myself (yet!) but there are a few people who may be soon.

Edited by Sean_Jaymo

Any thought about producing a 24v conversion manifold? I'm in the market for one at the moment but the options available at the moment are all unsuitable - a poor fitting mk2 24v conversion manifold and a good quality but expensive downpipe which only fits mk4 manifold, not mk5 like mine.

Thanks for the offer of the rack but I've got everything already :)

We've been asked about 24v turbo downpipes before. If a good supply of manifolds can be agreed upon, we can have a look at it again.

I'm surprised that there aren't more Corrados with 1.8t fitted. It's an ideal motor for it.

Hi Graham, good to bump into you again mate.

I thought that Dubsport did a 24v manifold for the nasp crowd? My mate has one on his mk2, I think...

Dubpower do the conversion manifold in 6 branch guise and United Motorsport do the manifold in standard 2 into 1 pipe. I have the UM pipe on mine and i'm very impressed with it!

All I've ever heard about dubpower is that they are a lovely bit of kit, but don't quite fit corrados. The United motorsport downpipe is made for mk4 manifold, mine is a mk5 which is similar to the vr standard manifold

Is the Mk5 manifold better than a Mk4 version Swiftkid? If there is no difference, might it not be easier to find a mk4 manifold than get a manifold made to fit? Either that or bin of the manifold entirely and go 6 branch?

Although most of our product range is aimed at 1.8t motors our exhausts sound amazing when coupled to the 24v motor![video=youtube_share;siw7sUngCSM]

That's the MK2 with the Dubpower manifold up front, coupled to our 2.5" system.

Swiftkid, where do they have problems with fitment?

Thing is Sean, the intention is to get a custom manifold made that fits perfect unlike dubpower. I'd rather not spend 40-100 on the mk4, to then spend 320 on United motorsports manifold. It's quite a lot of money to be spending before the engine is even running! I would prefer a nice stainless 6 branch but like I said, most of the things I've heard about dubpower is that it's a lovely bit of kit but designed for mk2 golf so tends to hit the steering rack etc

Well in that case, I hope you find what you are looking for. As you say, £400 plus is a lot of money to spend before it even runs, but unfortunately it's one of those things that needs doing. Once I bit the bullet, my rebuild really gathered pace. Going from experience, you don't need to worry about UM manifolds. They are exactly what is needed with no drama. Shame that the customer experience is so very poor. Matt is good, but he is also impossible to contact which isn't really excusable.

Swiftkid, do you have any photos of how close that the dubpower manifold is to the rack? Is it the same on all Corrados? Could it be a mounting issue?

Sean, you mentioned that you had been having problems using our contact page last week on Facebook, so I asked about ten people to try from different browsers and locations. All of which came through.

I'm also contactable through the Facebook page and all of the forums which we support, if we ever have website problems.

Anyone who makes a purchase automatically get our contact number, just for peace of mind.

So... How can I help you? :)

Not you trackslag, I've heard nothing but good about you. It's United Motorsport that I have problems with, even if their product is top notch. Apologies if this didn't come across clearly.

Edited by Sean_Jaymo

And only a few posts in! Result! I like your products on your website btw. Not that any of it is of any use to me, but nice stuff none the less!