Guest sam1990rhodes

Throttle cable.

Guest sam1990rhodes

Chaps,

Looking for some advice, recently replaced the bonnet on my 1.8t from an early bonnet to a later bonnet, as you are aware the curvture of the bonnets differ, the new bonnet will now no longer close securely without crushing/snapping the 1.8t throttle cable!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78858[/ATTACH]

The cable crushing between the inlet mani and the bonnet has left a lovely dent in my bonnet :(

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78859[/ATTACH]

As i was on holiday at the time i managed to bodge it back together using bobby pins (mrs' leaves loads of them in the car, might aswell utilise them!), couple of cable ties and tape.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78860[/ATTACH]

can anyone advise of a longer cable or better solution to resolve this?

cheers,

Sam.

strange i thought the later bonnets were the way to go with a 20v .ive not long bought one and had it painted ready for my 20v conversion

Guest sam1990rhodes

Not from my experience, although i have got a vibra technics front engine mount, may cause it to sit higher?

Not from my experience, although i have got a vibra technics front engine mount, may cause it to sit higher?

It may be the bracket that sits on the mount causing problems? It may be worth checking its part number and posting it up for other's who've done the conversion to confirm its correct?

i might be wrong but i am sure ive read you should turn the bracket around that the cable clips into